More dvd burning help needed.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by paintballah03, May 31, 2004.

1. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

Alright, say I downloaded American History X as a .avi file, and it was 690mb. Could someone please tell me all of the steps needed to burn this to a dvd? I got mixed up in all of the different file formats and what it needs to be in to be burnt and all of that. I searched google but all I came up with was retail stores.

Another question I have is say that I converted it to .mpg already, but it's 5.15gb. What can I do to make it fit onto one dvd? I was looking around in dvdshrink but couldn't figure out how to take a .mpg file and compress it. Thanks in advance.

2. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

dvd files are .vob files, the .avi file you are working with is most likely a divx file. I would sit here and explain it, but I'll just give both of us a headache doing so, so I recommend you spend some serious time looking over http://www.videohelp.com/

If you can't find all your answers there, you either aren't looking hard enough, or you are brain dead.

3. Evil_Gemini

Evil_Gemini New Member

tmpgenc will convert the avi file into DVD compliant MPEG.

tmpgenc DVD author will convert the mpeg into the DVD files (vobs, bup, ifo)

Nero 6 will burn them onto dvd buy going to make dvd, open the video_ts folder and drag all the dvd files (vobs, bup, ifo) into that folder then click burn and your set.

You can use tmpgenc DVD author to burn the movie onto dvd but i prefer using nero 6.

:)

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

As above, go to dvdrhelp.com (videohelp.com) and look for a guide to convert .avi to DVD. You will find everything you need there including links to all the programs you need too.

5. paintballah03

paintballah03 My av has been stolen. :squint:

Thanks to all three of you, especially evil. That's exactly what I needed.:wiggle: