More carbs after lifting days while cutting?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Drilldo, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

I'm currently at ~ 240lbs and 6'3. Maxes are 315/425/475. Highest body weight was 350lbs. I'm looking to lose what's left of the fat around my lower stomach/love handled area and it's really getting difficult to keep my calories down yet maintain enough energy to complete my workouts, which generally consist of compounds like squats, deads, bench, military press, dips, chins, rows, things like that in addition my cardio ( ~ 45 mins on the elliptical and some jump rope) on days I don't lift with one day off for rest per week. My diet is between 2500 and 2800 calories per day with a 50/25/25 p/f/c split. The past few weeks I have been experimenting with more carbs on my lifting days and less on my cardio and rest days with what I feel is a reasonable amount of success considering the short time frame I have had to measure it. No matter what my total calorie intake is still in the window I mentioned above. My question is, will staying on this course hinder my long term fat loss goals? Do I need to simply tough it out without the carbs? When I wasn't getting the carbs (before Christmas) it felt like I was just getting weaker and weaker and I was doing less and less in the gym which isn't good for anything.

Cliffs: Is more carbs on lifting days and little to none on non lifting days bad for fat loss as long as I stay under my max allotted calories?

2. devman

devman New Member

do some research on carb cycling, it sounds like that may be the answer

3. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

I've done a bit but I'm not ready to take in that many calories yet consider my goals. I definitely want to do it once I reach my body fat goals however, that is the plan.

4. devman

devman New Member

5. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.