More Audi A4 help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Smitty, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Smitty

Smitty New Member

Need to know where I can buy the head unit removal tools for an 1996 A4. Any help? Also a quality dash kit.

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I'm not positive on this, but if you just need those two "keys" that go on either side of your head unit into those slots, www.parts4vw.com might have something. This is assuming the 96 A4's use the same keys as like the 00's. You could probably also fashion yourself some keys by getting some thin sheet metal and cutting a hook into them. Or, sometimes a coat hanger works if it is thin enough. Also, try checking your local audi dealer, they might even just tell you to come up there and they will do it for free.

3. Smitty

Smitty New Member

Yeah I thought about having a place do it. Problem is its not my car, its my roommates. I was trying to have a new head unit in her car for her Christmas present. I doubt that any place would be open at midnight Christmas eve. Thanks for the help man.

4. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Make yourself some custom ones man. Get like 18 gauge sheet metal or anything else pretty stiff and thin and cut little hooks into the ends. Let me see if I can find a picture...

Took a while...
    [​IMG]
    On VW's the bottom key on the right key tool is the one that is used, but you get the gist of it. You know, kragen or autozone might sell the keys you need.

5. Smitty

Smitty New Member

:cool: Thanks for the help.