Morality issue?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1979TA, Feb 9, 2008.

1. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

So back story, my current gf was with a guy for 8 years, engaged for 9 months of that time. He was the reason they broke up from what I know and she was devestated.

Now on to my issue, tonight I learned that one of her old bosses at work, who is married, has a thing for her. When her and her ex broke up she was a mess, and she started flirting with said boss. She told me that she had thought about sleeping with him once or twice, but decided against it for "many reasons" as she said. She told me she just needed that in as kind of a rebound where she was getting attention from a male. Then come to find out that while she was on a training trip, she stayed in his hotel room in the spare bed due to her finding something nasty in the bathroom and bedroom, according to her. Now everyone that was on that trip knows that she slept in the spare bed in that room, and she swears that nothing happened, and I am beleiving her. (all this was shortly after she and her ex broke up)

Now all this was before we started dating and her and I are very serious, as in, I am currently looking at engagement rings. My issue with all this is that I feel that by what she did, it was something morally wrong. That he is married, even if it is a shitty marriage, he is still married. That she thought about sleeping with him and that she stayed in his hotel room.

Am I overreacting to all this, or is this just something that she was going through at the time?

2. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Did you just find out about this, or have you known?

3. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

I just found out about it

4. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

How long ago did this happen, and does her boss still have a thing for her, or he used to?

Others on here are probably going to tell you you're over-reacting, but IMO I don't think you are. That says a lot about her character.

Have you tried talking to her and telling her exactly how you feel and what the whole situation makes you think?

5. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

This happened about 4 months before we started dating, we were just barely talking as friends at that point. She says that she is pretty sure he would have done it if she would have made a move, but she didnt and "there is a line you dont cross".

From what I know he flirts with all the girls that work for him and he has a crappy marriage.

6. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

She also kinda tossed in a "I'm better than that"

7. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

I left something out, we have talked about cheating and so on, and she has cheated once in her life, about 10 years ago when she was a teenager. Also I kind of got the feeling that she didn't tell me for so long because she was embarassed about it

8. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I don't even see how this could bug you at all. She slept in a spare bed in some dude's room. If she was a teenager 10 years ago I'll assume you two are close to 30 years old.. If you trust her enough to believe she didn't do anything with the guy then this shouldn't even be on your mind. What is morally wrong about her sharing a room? Unless she was prancing around naked...

She obviously didn't think it was a big enough deal to cause any issues between the two of you or she wouldn't have brought it up. I can definitely see her liking the rebound attention after an 8 year relationship -- I think a lot of people would have been in the same boat. She said she didn't sleep with him because of "many reason" and I'm sure her morals came into play there.

You = over reacting IMO

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Why do you care!? This was a long time ago (not sure how long you've been dating) Im guessing and it's really none of your business. She was out of a long term relationship, craved love and attenion and so she flirted with a guy that gave her said attention. Just because he happened to be her married boss it doesn't matter because nothing ever happened and she moved on, to you.

Get over this, it has nothing to do with you or her character.

10. Trina

Trina New Member

There is no issue here.

This shit happened before you two were together. Don't know why she even mentioned it unless she really did do something and somehow has a guilty conscience about it....but even then, it was before you were seeing her.

Drop the issue and get on with your relationship. If this continues to bother you though, then you need to do her the honor of giving her her freedom from you, because if you hold this against her you will never fully love or trust her and your relationship/marriage would be doomed.

11. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

You'd be crazy if that actually bothered you.

12. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I don't see how this is something you should concern yourself with. Besides it's entirely not morally wrong to sleep in the same room, it is however to fool around/flirt with a married man.

13. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

What she did in the past shouldn't matter too much. Like you said, nothing happened.