COMIC Moon Knight 6, arc completed: READ IT NOW

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Bobbot, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

The first arc of Moon Knight was great. First off, they pay homage to the earlier Moon Knight stories perfectly by incorporating all the key players in a current setting: Crawley, Samuels, Frenchie, Marlene...and at the end, Spector meets his maker, and we see a glimpse of Lockley again. We also see an incarnation of The Committee, Bushman, and a new kind of dance with Taskmaster.

If you don't know who these people are, then the story may only seem 39% as good as it really should, which compares as 40% better than Civil War. Just imagine how much better the story would be if you knew what was going on! So, if you want to learn, go and buy "the essential Moon Knight" from your LCS for less than $20 and spend a few days reading that. Or wiki some cliffs.

But honestly, each issue topped itself. The first issue established that they weren't fucking around; they were going to do this right and keep all the facts true. The next issue brought in the brutality. Mind you, each issue perpetuated the previous issues' contributions to the story. The third issue pushed the plot by introducing all the key players. The fourth issue had shit hit the fan. The fifth issue had Moon Knight hit the fan. The sixth issue wrapped up all loose ends and fucking made me have a few epiphanies. The epiphanies are what I live for. Huston is so good. I'm upping issue 6 to warskrull now. FOR YOU.

2. void

void oh yeah?

i didn't buy it, but i'm going to read it :hs:

3. Bobbot

I guess I can at least cliff what his past is. At least enough to pertain to the story.

Moon Knight is Marc Spector is Steven Grant is Jake Lockley. In the beginning, he was Marc Spector, a soldier of fortune. Bushman led his little mercenary group through the desert and betrayed Spector's ideals, Spector retaliated and lost and was left in the desert for dead. He was found by some monky people and they took him to their temple thing. He was left at the foot of the statue of Khonshu, at which he sprang from death back to life, and upon learning the nature of the representation of the statue re: vengeance/moon god, he decided to take vengeance against Bushman. Stuff happened. Frenchie was there. Moon Knight was born. He saved a girl named Marlene, daughter of a guy Bushman killed during the raid Spector revolted during.

He got back to the states and adopted the persona of Steven Grant to invest all his mercenary earnings into the stock market, hit it big, and poof, was rich. He had a mansion and a butler named Samuels. His girlfriend is Marlene, who supports him a lot.

Jake Lockley was the alter-ego he adopted, a cab driver, to be a street-level information sponge. He frequented a diner run by Gina and co-frequented by a derelict named Crawley. Lockley kept a spare Moon Knight costume in the trunk.

Moon Knight's first appearance was in Werewolf by Night. He was hired by "The Committee" to capture Jack Russell. He freed the werewolf instead and destroyed the Committee...and took their money. He wore gauntlets with spiked knuckles too, which is the semi-origin of his current spiked knuckles.

Gah, I got to go to class. I'll add more later about the other characters, like Crawley and Frenchie.

4. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

I kinda thought the story dragged a little

I'm still going to keep buying it though :o

5. Bobbot

This is what happens when you don't know all the little nuances. You can't go all giggidy giggidy for teh Moon Knight.

6. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

I have that last issue of moonknight from years ago

I think it was drawn by Stephen Platt and at the end, he got blowed up real good.

I never really got into the whole moonknight story though, I just thought he looked really cool

7. Bobbot

:werd:
    But when the ongoing came out, I read that "Essential Moon Knight" and it was pretty much what it was advertised. It told me everything I needed to know. But it was b&w.

8. axio

axio New Member

I liked how Bane broke his back in #6.

9. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

Sweet.

I shall partake in the spirit fingery goodness.

10. Bobbot

I hope you're gay Axio, because I want to ream your ass.

11. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

:ugh:

12. Omegaboy

Omegaboy Scuzzy Psychout Merchant OT Supporter

Dya rekon Robin will come into it soon?

13. Bobbot

What was that? Did you say they're going to retcon Robin!? OH JOY!

14. Disguy

Disguy Batman > Moon Knight OT Supporter

anyone find it funny that Moon knight > Batman but he uses batman for his av?

15. Omegaboy

Omegaboy Scuzzy Psychout Merchant OT Supporter

That cant be helped...Moonknight dosnt dance as well as batman.

16. Bobbot

I'm not worthy :wtc: