monthy fee for wow?

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Ham Sammich, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

So there is a monthy fee for playing WOW? But you pay like $50 at the store to buy the game then you have to pay each money. What kind of rip off is that. How much is it per month because I really want to play wow when i get my new computer.

2. fakeyfakerson

fakeyfakerson OT Supporter

ill quote from the last thread:

"it was 50 when it first came out and the servers cost them millions to buy/upkeep every month and you pay for the service of future patches that introduce whole new games of content."

that is how every single mmorpg has been since they've come out, not just wow. the only one without a monthly fee is guild wars, and there is nothing "massivly mulitplayer" about that, its basically you and a few buddies playing, plus it sucks.

read up on mmorpgs and how they work to see if theyre for you before you buy one.

3. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

I have played lots of mmorpgs in my life. Just wondering how much it costs. I am still going to buy it. It is still $50 a month or what?

4. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

nevermind found out its $15 a month. That is basically easy for anyone to make. You can work for 2 hours on minimum wage and pay the monthly fee. Well in canada where i live minimum wage is $8.50 an hour.

5. fakeyfakerson

fakeyfakerson OT Supporter

every non-crappy-korean mmorpg ive known or heard about besides guild wars costs 10-15 a month. and i believe its USD, so it's probably a little more canadian, like 20.

6. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Well the enchange rate isnt that high right now. I cashin in $70 american and got like $80 canadian.