Mono

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Epiphany, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Ok... for about three weeks now my bf has had mono. I've taken care of him and pampered him... He's coming out of it to where he can start living a little normally again. Unfortunately I may have caught it before we knew he had it and I'm thinking I'm coming out of the incubation period because I'm starting to show the same symptoms. In any case, I feel like crap.

New Years is coming up this weekend. I'm seriously bummed because I've been looking forward to spending it with him. This will be our first New Years together. (Been together 9 months). Is it wrong to expect him to stay home with me or if it were you would you be ok with your SO going out with their friends instead?

I haven't talked to him about it yet

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I believe that once you have it, you cant be reinfected....that being said, yes, I would expect him to stay with me.

3. Clix

Clix New Member

Yeah you can. I dated a girl who got mono in HS (small privite school off a water fountain) and she got reinfected about 6 months after she got done with it the first time.

4. Epiphany

I've read a lot about mono over the last three weeks and everything I've read states you can only get it once... but there are other viral infections that are somewhat similar...

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

yeah, and also people who think they get it more than once (like the guy above who said the girl got it 6 months later) are wrong, because they say mono can be like herpes in the sense that it stays with you, not necessarily affecting you at all times and can flare up again or something

Either way I'm sorry, mono sucks. And if your boyfriend doesn't stay and take care of you then he is an ass,

6. Epiphany

Well the only thing is most of his friends are in town for the holidays and they all live out of town. He only sees them once every couple months. So I can kind of understand why he'd want to go but at the same time, he's been on vacation all week so he's had time to spend with them without me there. I just feel like thats more of a holiday we should be together... and I want him to take care of me when I'm sick too!

7. Pringles

Pringles New Member

1. I personally feel that whatever you offer to your SO should be offered in return. You helped him it's part of human nature for him to help you.
    2. If I was in his shoes I'd want to go out with my friends, but I'd spend time with the SO as she devoted her time to me plus she is the one im interested in. So I'd say it isnt too much to ask him to stay home. maybe let him make an appearance at his friends and then come home to you.

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

A few hours with his friends in comparisons to a few days to weeks taking care of you?

I'd not be upset if he went out.

Also I had Mono once, but then I bought another speaker and now I have stereo.

Seriously though I did have Mono once, it lasted maybe a week and have never experianced it again.

9. weakone

weakone New Member

I had mono once. Had to take off work for a month and going to school for the couple hours I did wore me out. Maybe have a small get together at your house? That way you can relax, he'll be there, and so will his friends. You're spending the holiday together, but he gets to see his friends, too. :dunno:

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

ytf would a guy pick going out with his friends on NYE to hanging out with his gf?

I thought I read this question as should you go out with your friends because he is sick and can't go out.

Honestly, if my SO goes "hey, I wanna spend NYE with people other than you," I'd say "nice knowing you."