Monitor won't recognize DVI

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KoopaTroopa, May 12, 2007.

1. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I have an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB AGP video card with DVI, VGA, and S cable connections.

I'm using a Samsung 19" WS (906BW) & it won't connect via DVI. But if I use the VGA, the LCD works. With the DVI connected, the monitor just sits there in power saving mode with the power light blinking. I corrected the Refresh Rate & put it into native resolution.

I didn't have any problems yesterday when I used my 22" WS Acer with the DVI cable.

Also, when I was trying to use my dual monitor setup, damn DVI wouldn't work now. Worked fine yesterday, but today...monitors aren't connecting.

2. bptillman

bptillman New Member

check to make sure you dont have to press a button to switch between dvi and vga. mine has one

3. Create

Create :free at last:

Check your display properties and make sure the correct output is enabled.

4. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I don't know what I did, but it works fine, for now. The Samsung has a analog/digital button, but it recognizes the signal. You can connect both DVI & VGA to this one & switch between the 2, don't know why.

What I have to do, is turn on the DVI connected monitor, then wait until the Windows Splash screen shows & the desktop appears, then turn on the VGA connected monitor to get my dual screens to work correctly. So far this works.
    Can't wait until I buy my new 22" WS & reconnect the monitors. I can tell this problem will arise again.

Sidenote: How much should I sell my 6 month old 22" WS Acer, model AL2216WBD?? It's being sent back to Acer right now to fix the LCD due to a 1.5 inch long line of stuck pixels. Besides that, it's in great condition. I'm buying a Samsung 22" WS 226BW to match the Samsung 19" WS 906BW.