Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KoopaTroopa, Jan 25, 2007.

1. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I have an Acer 22" Widescreen (AL2216Wbd) and when I turn the monitor off, then on...with the PC still on, I get a "No Signal" displayed. I have dual monitors, and when I turn it off/on to my secondary monitor (a Dell), I have no problems; it gets a signal. The Acer is connected by DVI and the Dell by VGA.
    The only way to fix it is to restart the PC & it sucks. I updated the BIOS, video card driver, and checked the connections.
    I have a Diamond Stealth S120 256 MB AGP card (I got it for $10 at Staples).
    I might buy a new DVI cable since I used the one that came with my Acer.

Anyone else have ideas?
    Read it could be the monitor itself, the PSU, or CMOS battery. Have no freaking idea.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You might want to get a dual monitor switch. Basically your dvi and vga goes into the switch, and from there to the monitors, basically you cut of the signal at the switch instead of the monitor itself, so hopefully that can prevent the signal from being disabled entirelly. Diamond recommends you update the drivers(but i read you did that). Thing is with LCD Monitor if it also has a vga output as support, then at the beginning it will try to search for an incoming vga or digital connection, at startup hardware (including your monitor) gets detected by your computer. But just like usb if you disconnect the device by shutting it off,then reconnect while still attached it won't recognize the thing that's already there,which is an annoyance to say the least. The switch between it should be able to prevent it, if it doesn't you could return the switch to the shop.

3. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

Thanks, I'll do that. Never heard of a switch before...I'll just have to find one somewhere tomorrow.