A&P Monitor dilemma, what do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Crossett, May 10, 2006.

1. Crossett

Crossett New Member

I need to purchase another display, I planned on buying a lacie CRT but they longer make them.

Lacie is the only high end CRT company that i am familiar with, is there another one out there that still produces good monitors? I am kind of hesitant to buy a used one off of ebay.

As far as LCD's go the only company i know of that has one that will reproduce adobeRGB is eizo, but they are stupid expensive.

Accurate color is critical, so i think that CRT is my only option, but maybe you guys know something that i dont.

What do all you use?

2. Dell 21" widescreen FTW!!!

I wish I had one :hs: I emailed my boss though... I better have a pair of them coming soon or I'm going to walk out like i'm mexican!

3. natelam

natelam New Member

Dell 2005FPW's, not all that happy with the quality, but they were CHEAP. I have never had a problem with color accuracy, I shoot in all 3 RGB modes on a regular basis. I use a Spyder Pro calibrator, and have been pretty happy so far. The only thing I'd ever dump this setup for is a pair of 30" Apple Cinema displays.

4. mojito

mojito New Member

the Dell 2405 (ignore the 2407) is the same build as the apple cinemas. Theres a lot of us that use them (me, ittech, yardsale etc)

great colors, great size, memory card slot and 4 usb slots built in. Color is just as accurate as my old Sony trinitron when calibrated.

I take mine to trade shows and shit, 24" is big enough for most purposes, but theres is the new 30" and rumor of a 27"

I got it because it was the best for the price. sure you can spend more on a enzo, but I'd rather spend the money on other stuff.

5. macadamiamin

macadamiamin New Member

Used Eizo off of ebay? Why not used trinitron from ebay? (or lacie)

- shipping is expensive for CRTs from ebay, but if you find one locally you can check it out first + "free" shipping (pick up)

Always check out all the online places - just because they stop making something doesn't mean you can't get it... I never, ever buy new anyway - refurb or used is the way to go anyway, so you're sure to find it somewhere...

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

dell 2405fpw

7. Crossett

Crossett New Member

you guys that use dells dont ever have issues with the monitor only displaying sRGB? its a lot smaller colorspace than adobeRGB

8. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

Viewsonic VX910

9. :eek3: you read my mind, I told my boss to get me one of them, I said if he doesnt want to get me that then he should get me two 20" dell widescreens since it's the same price.

10. joy division

joy division New Member

I couldn't afford the 2405 just yet so I got a 2005fpw for my new computer....no complaints at all...comes a little bright from the factory.

In terms of lcd; high quality color ones, eizo and lacie are your only options and you will be paying out the ass for them.

11. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

20" ACD's with built in color calibration from Apple!

12. saebryan

saebryan New Member

I have a Samsung 193P Sleek and Amazing picture

13. :coold:

Order Details
    Order detail - order placed 2006-05-10 15:21:42

UltraSharp 2007FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height-Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty Qty: 2
    Unit Price: $539.00

14. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

LCDs don't usually reproduce exact matches of ICM color specifications, but then again, that's why they come with custom-made ICM correctors. And you can't beat the 100% digital connection for reliability. CRTs have a bad tendency to change what colors they show as they burn in, whereas LCDs stay the same.

Before you rule out an LCD, take a look at LG's offerings. I have an LG 1780U and I'm thrilled with its ability to differentiate between darker colors without washing out brighter colors.

15. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

just ordered one yesterday for $401

16. mojito

mojito New Member

Dell Home Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty for $390.15 + Free Shipping *NEW**
    The Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor is a wide aspect desktop display that redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish Dell industrial design, and advanced functionality
    Click Here and add to cart for $459 - 15% off in cart = $390.15 + Free Shipping

17. joy division

joy division New Member

I got one 2? weeks ago for 371 :o

18. mojito

mojito New Member

Even better now

Dell Home Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP 20.1-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand and 3-Year Warranty for $355.15 + Free Shipping (Was:$459.00)
    Featuring 15-pin D-Sub, DVI-D, S-Video and Composite Connectors, the Dell? 2007WFP gives users convenient access points to plug in devices such as digital cameras and other electronic devices
    Click Here and add to cart for $459 - 15% Instant Off - $35 Off $300 Coupon (from ebay) = $355.15 + Free Shipping

19. Where'd you see this? Can you please let me know so I can forward it to my boss. hopefully I can get the %off discount $$ :x:

20. mojito

mojito New Member

www.dealsofamerica.com

21. hardcore2Jazz

hardcore2Jazz New Member