A&P monitor calibration....questions

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fukijama1, Jan 14, 2009.

1. fukijama1

fukijama1 OT Supporter

what exactly does this do? does this get the color as close as possible with your printer? kinda like "what you see is what you get" also will this make my two monitors match? i cant tweak it to be the same.

2. Zz_3.14_zZ

Zz_3.14_zZ New Member

You're NEVER going to get your monitor to match a printer. Well, unless you're Pixar Animation Studios.

I just got a new monitor for my laptop (extended desktop) and the color/contrast/everything else is just Fing amazing on the new it. My laptop screen is something else altogether. I never really noticed how bad it was until I got the new screen. I just spent about 5 minutes 'fixing' the color on my laptop screen today. I got it pretty good just eyeballing it.

It looks better than what comes out after I use the screen calibrator thingie I have in my office.

3. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

Its also possible to load profiles into HP printers (I don't work on other brands that intensely so don't know if they do it.) I'm sure with enough tweaking you can get it very close.

In my job I find it very amazing that so many graphics companies don't even bother to calibrate their equipment. I'm thinking they must ask their clients how things look and if they think its too red they tone down the red.

Next they ask us to come in and try to "tone down" the red on their printers and I usually calibrate the printer then tell them if they don't like it they need to calibrate the PC's because the printer is doing its job.