Money issues....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LongDongWong, Nov 25, 2005.

1. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

My gf and I have had little talks here and there about money .....
    She likes to spend money on clothes and random things.....its like she makes it her goal every paycheck to spend it all before the weekends over.(her= no savings)....myself on the other hand make more than her but try and save every penny I make.....but dont get me wrong Im not cheap.....she'a a manager at a clothing store in the mall which makes it worse because gets discounts and spends it on clothes before she even gets paid. ...she has tons of clothes enough to fill 2 closets......the other day she pulls $300 out of my wallet (she asked first before doing so) I was going to use the money to pay off some bills, but she wanted to spend it on clothes, when I asked her not to she got all upset and got quiet (friend finally paid me back thats why I had so much cash on me)......she admits she likes to spend money.....how can I convince her to save and cut back on spending money /?

:hsd:

2. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

Don't give her money.

Make her pay for bills.

Does she not have any bills or something? Does she go to school?

3. LongDongWong

she goes to school part time....she has no bills, only because she filed for Bankruptcy awhile back...her bills became to overwhelming for her....therefore easy solution = bankruptcy....I do not feel that was the best decision...but she did it without letting me know. Her mom is the exact opposite of her, she saves every penny and tries to cut corners whenever she can....

is there any hope? I love her to death, but I can only see this getting worse and the both of us having financial problems in the future if we decide to get married.... how can i change her views on money?

4. armond

armond New Member

If she can't fathom how important it is to you and a future, then it is obvious she is not thinking of the future.

5. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

If she already declared bankruptcy and is still blowing money then my guess she will always suck with money management.

The only way to solve this as a married couple is that you control the accounts, give her a credit card with a limited credit limit, no ATM card, and give her a cash allowance every week untill she gets rid of her dirty habits.

6. LongDongWong

her reply to me this morning when I told her how I felt about her spending the money she took out of my wallet on clothes......was ..."you should always want to make me happy and if spending this on clothes makes me happy than you should be happy too...." :eek4:

7. armond

armond New Member

fuck that, dropped in my book... not worth it man...

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

So basicaly she has no financial sense whatsoever?
    She needs to learn some responsibility first and DON'T MARRY HER until it happens!

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

WRONG.
    How old is she? My 8 year old has more financial sense than what she seems to have!

10. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Which will more than likely infuriate her and cause huge financial issues.
    That or she'll get a credit card without telling him ;)

11. LongDongWong

were both 26

12. armond

armond New Member

...wow 26 and she acts like this?

13. Fase

Fase Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.

Wow, do not marry that and get sucked down the drain with her.

14. Takumi

Takumi New Member

hahah a lot of girls are like that. I'm in a similar situation, she is a student, only works part time, I am graduated work full time. (23, 24 yrs old)

What pisses me off the most is when I pay for her food and drinks when we go out (because I feel bad she doesn't have that much money), but then when she does have money she goes and spends it on clothes for herself. So why am I paying for your food, so you can buy new clothes for yourself??

But she's gotten a lot better lately.

It helps if you set some sort of financial goal together. You know, like save up X amount for vacation, or for getting a house, or whatever. Rather than just "save every penny you can".

15. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

My dad is 55 and has no financial sense whatsoever. Me, his 24yr old son has to look after him to make sure he has money for rent and food. Some people just never change.

16. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Wow.... this sounds like a truly unbelievable person.

I think what I would do, is to tell her that she HAS to save some of her money. Just be like "OK from now on, we're setting up a savings account for you, and you're going to deposit $___ per paycheck into that savings account. The rest of it you can spend however you want."

Then, at the end of the year, she can take a small "bonus" out of her savings to spend, but only a certain, very small ammount, ONCE per year. This way she's saving up for bigger purchases, as well as for future expenditures. It's probably the best way.

17. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Wow, greedy.

If she can't learn to manage money drop her. My aunt married a guy like this, except he also liked the gamble lots. Ruined her life, cost her her house and much debts. Now she's a single mum looking after two kids and really struggling money wise. I'd be VERY careful if I was you.

18. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

That is such a terrible response. I agree with the replies and for her to open up a savings account and deposit X amount of dollars every pay check. If she doesn't wake up and see the light soon I would drop her to save you financial burden when you get married because it is very evident this will be a big problem in the future. Alot of marriages end because of arguments over money. Take the hint early dude.

19. marauder

marauder New Member

I wouldn't of let her do that if the bills needed paying that's where the money would have gone. She needs to get her priories right I mean hmm leave the bills or spend it all on UNneeded cloths…
    The obvious choice is simple pay the bills.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think by the sounds of this she has some growing up to do still. Well at least in the area of how to deal with her own finances, if she keeps this up she’s not going to get far.

Well if you don't watch it she will cause you issues as well or money will cause issues between you two if she doesn't change her way's.

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Wow, that is incredibly selfish of her. I personally wouldn't date anyone like that, but if I somehow found myself in that situation, I would tell her:

"There are plenty of guys out there who will be perfectly happy to give you money and whatever else you want when you want it. I'm not one of those guys, so if thats what you want in a relationship, I suggest you go find one of them."

21. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

and she already has a bankruptcy? Wow :ugh:

So no home for you 2 with her name for a while. I wouldnt plan anything long term with this girl... if she already DESTROYED her credit, and still spends like that, then she HAS A PROBLEM. She needs some credit and money counseling, and you need to be firm with her.

If you really love her then CUT HER OFF. Seriously, do not give her a single dime. If she wants something make her buy it herself. Tell her to start a savings. If she doesn't, then end it.

Sorry but financial stuff is SERIOUS business, and if by the age of 26 she doesnt understand that, then not only is she a fool, but she is also a danger to you. Watch yourself man, whether people like to admit it or not, your credit score WILL determine alot of your life.

22. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd:

23. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

:squint: :ugh: :eek4: Are you sure this is the woman you want to spend the rest of youir life with?

Don't give her another red cent. She's going to have to learn the hard way money doesn't grow on trees.

24. EmiB

EmiB New Member

Golddigger!

25. LongDongWong

I wouldnt go that far......but I will call her selfish, I dont think she realizes it.....