Monday's Detail, a black Corvette

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by NorthPac, Apr 22, 2005.

1. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I will be Detailing a black Corvette next Monday, its not that bad of shape a few imperfections here and there. I plan on spending about 2 days detailing just the exterior. Taking out any imperfections, wet sanding the OEM orange peal, rotary then the PC. When putting three coats of Z2 then 2 or 3 coats of Souverän paste wax. Wanted to put Z3 on but it takes a week to get here and it’s the only chance I have to detail it, besides just only a few hours I have every few weeks on it. I don't have a pic but here is a pic of what it looks like, it's the same model and color as the one on Zaino's web site. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/photos/felixC5.jpg I will borrow a digital cam to post pic's on before and after some time next week if any body wants to see them? If anyone has any comments please feel free to. This is my first time doing a high end full exterior detail on a high end car, I just wished I had more of them, small town.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you have the new Z2 Pro, from what I hear it doesn't respond well to toppers. It looks pretty wet on its own but still won't be super deep on black paint. If you have Z5 or the original Z2 you shouldn't have any problems topping with Souveran.

Personally, on black paint the only two sealants I really like are Poorboy's EX w/carnauba and Wolfgang since both have a very carnauba-like appearance. What you like best may be different though.

3. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I have loads of products in detailing but Poorboy's EX is not one of them. Zaino & Souverän paste wax I have used with good results which I have in stock.

I don't have Z2 pro just says Z2. Hopefully I can polish the paint to perfect optical condition good enough that I won't have to use Z5. I know that Z3 is soooo sweet on a perfect optical paint. With Souverän I hope that it would make a nice depth to it that don't look to cheap ("cheap" to strong of word) On the Corvette I will be using a garage that has a host sense I'm 6'3 and I hate bending over. Anyway I will take a lot of before & after in the sun and in between shots and post them some time next week.