MMA Monday is the beginning!!

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by >DRIVEN<, Apr 13, 2007.

1. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Well I'm officially starting training at the gym on Monday with a buddy of mine who's been training and fighting for a long time. We're going to start with just him and I for a while so I can get all of the basics down even more and learn as much as possible at my own pace. Then I'll start training at Severn's gym and who knows from there. I can't wait to start and luckily I have a busy weekend so Monday will be here before I know it!

I've been waiting forever to do this and I'm glad I actually got around to doing it. I'm also not playing hockey this season for the first time in 8 years just so I can focus on training. Wish me luck! :x: :noes: :wiggle:

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Good luck leave the ego at the door and youll be fine.

3. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Def. I know I'm going to get man-handled by him. He also out-weighs me by 45 pounds but I'm there to learn and listen to everything he says.

4. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Very true. I remember sparring back to back 3 minute rounds when I first started. Once in a while I puked before the 6 minutes was up. :rofl:

I'm in a lot better shape now and I really want to learn more about myself and see what I can do.

I will keep you updated and thank you guys for the support. :bigthumb:

5. Searcher

Searcher New Member

It is shocking how much cardio will help you out....If you can go harder longer than your opponent it helps very much....Concentrate on not getting submitted in the beginning.....

6. Kuet

Kuet New Member

good luck man, just please dont go around telling eveyone and their dog you are " ultimate fighter " training. :mamoru:
    GOOD LUCK !!

7. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Lol, I won't man. Thanks for the support!

8. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Well had the first night of training last night. We jogged on the treadmill for a bit just as a warmup then went and hit the bag for about a half hour. We got there late and the gymw as about to close so that's all we had time for. Felt good to throw some punches again but I'm sore as hell today in my arms and back. You guys are def. in incredible shape! Hitting it again today and will continue to do so. I really, really need to work on some cardio.

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

so what exactly does your friend train in?

everything comes in time, you'll get owned for a long time. stick with it tho

10. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

boxing and bjj mainly. He's not a pro or anything but has neen training for quite a while and can teach me a lot.

11. Kuet

Kuet New Member

cool... i just got back to the gym after a three week absence, and for the first time ever hitting the focus mitts ( first time in 2 1/2 months :mamoru: ) i felt absolutely pathetic.

12. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Friend couldn't go to the gym last night so I jogged for 3 miles. 3rd mile was on an incline and I can barely fucking move today. Feels great. :ugh:

Back at it tonight :hs: