GUN Monarch ammo?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mizer, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Mizer

Mizer Who needs sleep!

They have this at Academy for like $2.86 for a box of 20 .223.....anyone know much about this brand. Is it as shitty as Wolf or decent enought to range shoot with an AR? (not wanting to shoot the cheap stuff that will damage the gun over time)

2. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

wolf will not damage the gun over time

3. Mizer

Mizer Who needs sleep!

Still pretty new to all this so Im refering to what the gun store people told me. They said the casing was bad for AR-s. Guessing now they are full of shit and just wanted to sell me the more expensive ammo lol. I dont buy ammo from there anyways all there stuff is several bucks more than Academy or even Wal-mart

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

some people say that wolf will damage the extractor. i don't buy that. i shoot wolf ALL THE TIME. i'm not worried about KBs, b/c wolf is actually a little bit underpowered compared to other .223 rounds. even if wolf did wear out the extractor after thousands upon thousands of rounds, you've saved enough money to buy 50 extractors.

about the monarch... i think i remember hearing bad things about it over on ar15.com. i'd run a search over there in the ar15 section.

5. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

only thing abou wolf is the corosive primer, just gotta clean your gun after shooting, which you should be doing anyway

6. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

wolf uses non-corrosive primers

7. mvizos

mvizos New Member

. :bigthumb:

Everyone badmouths wolf, "it'll wear out the extractor, it'll wear this, it'll wear that, it'll rape your dog" etc.

The point is, you'll shoot more, and if...IF...you wear out something from all those thousands upon thousands of rounds, you can buy a new part with all the money you saved.

8. mrbill

mrbill New Member

monarch is new production barnaul and on par with wolf. it's all i've shot out of my sks and other than it being a bit dirty, i've had zero problems with it.

9. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

IF your military grade AR cant handle a soft steel case you should take it back because its a POS :mamoru:

10. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Lots of misinformation about Wolf.. wait dont shoot it, its the worst stuff, it will tear up the internals on your gun, I wouldnt shoot it at all

(more for me to shoot)

11. dane

dane New Member

I've prolly put around 2000 rounds of Monarch thru my ar and I have yet to have any problems.