Modem help...should be easy =)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sexican, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Sexican

Sexican New Member

So, I'm still on the Pre-Historic 56K Modem via AOL as my ISP...trying to be at least. I installed AOL on the computer (obviously not THIS computer, but another one I'm trying to use), and when I try and sign on...it doesn't detect my modem. I have no idea how to detects a modem, or set one up...or really anything. I tried doing an Auto-Detect and it can't find it, but I know there is a modem inside the computer. Can anyone give me some clues/steps to detecting a modem? I supposedly need Drivers for it, but how can you get drivers if you can't get online and you don't know what kind of modem it is? I also do not have any kind of Zip drive, so I can't load them on a disk and pop it in...Am I clarifying enough? I don't know how else to address this problem...

2. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

you'll basically have to figure out what type of modem you have, then using the computer you are on now, download the drivers from the manufacturers website then burn them to a cd or put them on a flash drive and then install them on the other computer.