Modem for G3 Powermac All-in-One

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 198512A, Dec 7, 2004.

1. 198512A

198512A New Member

I purchased a Powermac G3 A-i-O recently and I was wondering what type of modem I will need. It has an Ethernet card but I need a 56 for the time being. I was wondering what type can I get. It has serial port but I was wondering if any PCI modem would work? Thanks for any input!

2. dmora

dmora Guest

You have to get a mac specific one. They can be found at www.macmall.com Make sure its "serial" same port as a printer on that computer.

3. 198512A

198512A New Member

Thank you!

4. 198512A

198512A New Member

Now I have a new problem. I get the computer in the mail and it does not start up! I call the people that I bought it from and they say older macs need the keyboard and mouse plugged in, before they can turn on. I have never heard of this, I have been using macs for like 8 years, and not once have I heard that. But I may be wrong, or they might be blowing smoke up my ass. So I went and bought a keyboard, I could not find a mouse and plugged it in, and It started up once. I shut it down and now it will not turn on again. I am no techy but I would think it is the power supply. When I turn it on it makes a noise like when you turn on elctronics, a kind of faint whine, but then no boot up. Anyone know what is up? I think I might have been screwed!

5. dmora

dmora Guest

could be bad ram or a bad CPU. if you can hear the fan whirl its not the power supply. If you have an Apple store near you, you can take it in for service.

6. 198512A

198512A New Member

No, closest one is probably Pheonix. Damn well I guess I am fubar!

7. dmora

dmora Guest

you should still do it. Its like a trip to the holy land :hsd: