Mod crew 360/wii

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by SA\/AGE, Sep 22, 2009.

1. SA\/AGE

SA\/AGE OT Supporter

I've done some reading and found tons of info out on the net, but there is so much stuff out there it is easy to get lost in all the technical info and still not quite understand exactly what I need.

I own both and am thinking about making the plunge to mod both my Wii and 360. But first I need a little advice and opinions on the matter.

I am not familiar with any moding work, and to be honest not the most educated on all things pc related. Because of this I will enlist the help of a local guru to mod my systems. There are plenty of these services offered on craigslist so finding someone should not be hard. To help me chose someone is there anything I should know to ask? I assume they would offer the latest firmware etc...

the Wii seems pretty straight forward.
    Mod, get backup copys, transfer to external HD and plug and play from homebrew. That's all there really is to it right?

The 360 seems to be a whole different ball game though. And frankly I'm a bit scared of it. If I mod with all the latest stuff do I still run the risk of getting banned from live? If so, how big of a risk is it? Once banned from live the 360 itself is no good for online anymore right? I would hate to try to save a couple bucks by playing backups only to have to turn around and spend hundreds more buying a new 360 to be able to play online again.

If I decide to mod the 360, then what? Get backups, burn to disc, insert and play? Seems simple enough, but I'm still very hesitant to try it. Also, is this something I will have to continue to update? Every time there's a live update will I then need to update my mod?

Obviously I know none of this is fool proof and I can still get banned from Live or worse. But is it worth the risks? I play and buy a lot of games between my son and I and have a gamefly account currently. Gaming can be quite expensive and I would love to cut some of those costs down. Modding seems like a viable option but at what cost in the end?

Thanks in advance for any help on the topic.

cliffs/ I know nothing about modding and am asking the pro's and con's of it for the Wii and 360

2. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Not really a fan of modding Wiis anymore, they can be a pain in my fucking assholes. The 360 is damn near the same thing on each DVD drive.

The risk is like 2% chance. They ban the console, not your account.

Get Verbatim DVD DL. Burn .dvd. Wait 20 minutes. Eject. Insert and play. It's not often an update is necessary, the only reason the last one (1.51) was needed was because of the NXE that they loaded on the games.

Of course it's worth the risks. If you decide to turn it into a side-business, you can make $2,000 a month minimum from just modding boxes. :dunno:

3. SA\/AGE

SA\/AGE OT Supporter

2% seems like pretty good odds. Guess i'll take the leap on the 360 then.

Is the Wii a bitch because of the games? I've read that they keep doing something to the new games that causes issues with it (and I read your thread curssing it as well). I really want to mod this damn thing bcause I dont think it's really worth spending money on games since they get played twice and then sit there collecting dust. I figured if I could just dl them I could keep a steady stream of crap pumping into it to keep the little guy happy.

4. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

Yeah, it's the games that are the main hassle. There's almost something you have to patch with each new game.