Mobo/CPU problems.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

Ok so I threw together a computer just recently and I'm having some troubles. I've built at least 15 computers in the past so I kinda know what I'm doing, until now :eek3:. Well anywho back when I just started building computers I was a dumbass and built them on the carpet. Wel lI ended up frying about 3 mobo's and finally realized what I was doing wrong. Well ever since then I've been wearing a static electricity strap and not building them on the carpet. Well just recently when I built this computer I ran across the same problem which I haven't seen for about a year or so. I replaced the mobo, and still no worky.

I guess I should explain what happens. I turn on the computer, and everything boots up, but nothing appears on the screen, and I don't hear the "beep" which obviously means something is wrong. I'm wondering if its my processor :dunno:? Any Ideas?

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Check for a short - do you have a screw loose ( :mamoru: ) under the motherboard, loose wire, bad PSU (pull all connecters from the mb and the drives and turn it on - see if it turns on), pull all devices from the board (including CPU/Ram) and add them back 1 by 1.

If those don't work, get back to us.

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

that happened to me when i had the wrong kind of RAM. built an Opteron machine and didn't realize it requireed ECC Registered chips.