GUN MOAR ACTION :noes:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JaimeZX, Sep 6, 2008.

1. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

My wife is living with my mom for a while because my mom had surgery a few weeks ago and my wife is helping her around the house and with groceries, etc etc. I love my wife. :love:

Anyway. Last night around midnight my wife calls and wakes me up. I say "what's up baby?"

She says "the dogs started barking and your mom looked out the window and thinks she saw someone going into the garage."

I say "where is your weapon?" (She has a 3" XD9)
    "I have it here with me."
    "Have you called the cops?"
    "Your mom is on with 911 right now."
    "Okay."
    "What should I do?"
    I said "well *I* would open the front door and make sure the security door is locked, then holler "you'd better get out of here because the cops are coming.""
    She says "I'm not opening the door!"
    "Okay whatever. Then go into the spare bedroom and look out the window to see what's going on." (Because that window has a good view of the garage.)
    So she's in there with her weapon and my mom is in there also. They don't see anything but the dogs are still barking.

Anyway, after about 2-3 minutes (great RT) the cops pull up and come to the front door. I tell wife to put her weapon away (mainly because I don't think my mom had mentioned it to the 911 operator and I didn't want the cops to get jumpy) and go to the door. I'm still on the phone.

So my mom explains the situation through the security door and my wife goes back to the window to watch the cops (weapons drawn) clear the garage. Anyway. They don't find anything but my mom & wife were grateful for their quick arrival.

So the cops leave and the dogs get an extra pre-bed buiscit. GOOD BOYS. Wife sleeps with the XD on the nightstand. No further ado.

Cliff's: Dogs alert, mom thinks she sees someone in garage. Cops show up, don't find anything. Dogs are praised.

2. more off

more off Moderator

damn i was hoping the story led to your wife shooting a burglar :o

3. Purchase

Purchase New Member

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Your wife seems to have her head on straight.

Kudos to you, and her.

5. JaimeZX

I agree. She told me she was walking around the house thinking to herself "what, motherfucker? Why you in my house, bitch? That's right, I've got a weapon, whatchu gonna do?" :rofl:

6. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Is your wife Samuel L. Jackson or something?

7. footratfunkface

I live in the country. The guy across the street is a half mile from me, and he raises beef cows on 63 acres. When my dogs bark, I figure out why. Usually, it's just an animal, but sometimes it's people walking by. They don't bark at cars unless they park in the driveway.

8. JaimeZX

:rofl:
    They're both pretty chill. Caesar is a good watch dog; he usually only barks when he hears people-type noises like footsteps, etc. Training him to "speak" was a PITA because he was so quiet. :p

9. footratfunkface

My first dog didn't bark for months after we got him (he was a rescue). The first time he did, it scared the shit out of us. We praise him when he barks at things that we want him to bark at. He's quite good at it now, as are the other dogs. We don't punish him for barking at other things, we just use extinction to eliminate it.

10. McCroskey

McCroskey Jonny, what can you make out of this? OT Supporter

my(now deceased) dog would have snuck up on the guy, killed him, and happily deposited him on the front porch for our amusement.