MN12 Crew still flying?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Funk T, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Funk T

Funk T New Member

Anybody alive? I know a few people were monitoring my SC build (TriShield) so I've got an update.

Lentech Street Terminator AOD
    Magnum Powers front mount (Don't know if I had this on before last post)
    93+ T-Bird spindles
    Mustang Hubs all four corners
    Cobra Brakes Upfront (Rotor/Caliper)
    Re drilled Thunderbird Brakes Rear (Rotor/Caliper)
    Custom Hub centric spacers (Front + Rear)
    Custom Cut Moroso wheel studs (Front + Rear)
    Koni Yellow Inserts
    Vogtland .75" Drop Springs
    17 x 8" TSW Nagaro Wheels w/ 40MM Offset
    245/50/17 Comp TA

Not totally happy with the fact I had to use wheel spacers to clear the front Cobra calipers but I need em back for some drag meats later. Lot's of plans still, heads/cam and more overdrive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WoundLicker

WoundLicker Nude Member OT Supporter

That looks real good. I love the old Sc.

just get some new wheels. 5 spokes look like ass on that car.

3. CJPA

CJPA New Member

Hope those spacers don't break :sad2:

4. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Mustang wheels don't fit?

5. Smelly-Kitten

Smelly-Kitten Dept. of Redundancy Department *Side Pipes

ill take those mach 1 brakes, kthnxbye

6. Funk T

Funk T New Member

They are. I'm running a Mustang bolt pattern. It's tricky as fuck getting proper wheels with this hybrid combo due to offset. :wtc:

7. CJPA

CJPA New Member

What's the required offset?

8. TriShield

Can it be dropped more than it is? Is it still possible to get scooped hoods for these cars?

9. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

yes and yes

10. TriShield

I remember when these were new when I was in high school. Lots of people put exhausts, wide tires and ram air hoods on them.

11. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

back in high school, i had a couple buddies (from different ends of the state) had identical 92 5 liter birds, same color and everything. both were absolutely slammed with cobra r wheels. i'll try and get pictures from one of em.

12. Funk T

Funk T New Member

Haha, you guy's are old school!

35 MM offset is perfect but the hitch is I really can't go over XX x 8 wide wheels up front. Larger wheels like 18 x 9 would fit fine the rears but would stick out a fair amount up front. Yea its a mother fucker to make this all work.

Remember, I'm trying to strike a perfect balance between performance and daily driver. I can't slam it any more or I'll bottom out. I could (and most likely will) go for a set of 18 x 8 fronts and 18 x 9 rears in the future. I can't go super low profile because the roads suck my balls and I don't want to fuck the car up.

TriShield, check out www.supercoupeperformance.com Lots of hoods there. Sounds like you got some interest in the MN12's!

13. Funk T

Funk T New Member

14. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

TC > SC

15. jdw

jdw New Member

your wheels suck if you're having such issues with them hitting the calipers... Get some different wheels and running 17/18x9" is no problem....

Should have dug and found some old school 2" drop jamex springs laying around in someone's garage. Then throw some Addco comp bars on there and go find a corner to go around really really fast.

16. Funk T

Funk T New Member

Jamex :ugh2:

17. jdw

jdw New Member

:hsugh:
    linear rate spring with a decent drop instead of such a minimal drop it's hardly worth it... Only set I've seen is a set a buddy had and up until last we talked about it, hadn't put them in because he didn't want to destroy his head exchanger on his driveway.

unless vogtland actually makes the 1.5" drop springs.. I thought I heard they did at one time (along with the 0.75").

18. RICKIEFRAT

RICKIEFRAT La Cosa Nostra

For some strange reason I've always loved the t-bird. I bought them but never registered or drove them. I was too busy with my stangs or my SHO. There was 1 that I did drive for the winter but it only lasted about 3.5 months.

My first Bird was the 87 TC. I actually traded from a 89 Crown Vic P71 for it. I seen it and Had to have the car. The kid selling it wanted $500 for it like 5 years ago. He said he was to fat to drive it. So I asked him if he wanted my ex detectives car for trade. He said sure and I trailered it home.

[​IMG]

It sat in my driveway for 3 years. Damn thing never started. Replaced the head and a tune up later .... She purred like a kitten. Never registered or drove it on the street. Just drove it around the block once. Wasted money that I'm now kicking myself for and you'll read why.

Next Bird was a 92 LX w/ 5.0. Not my car of choice but it was the winter car. It to sat in the driveway 3 years but I at least got 3.5 months out of it. I paid $150 bucks and it was in great condition minus needing rear brakes and a heater core. The windshield was replaced along with a tune up and alt got replaced. Kinda miss this car. I recently sold it for $500 2 years ago. The rear brake line broke while sitting. All the fluid leaked out and the whole brake system needed to be replaced. Didn't see a reason to keep the car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While having the 92 in one driveway. My next door neighbor was old and didn't have a car. She asked me to park a car or 2 in her driveway to look like someone was home. This was why I had so many cars. In her driveway I had 91 SC with a blown motor. I've always loved the Supercoupes and bought it for $500 with the intention of restoring it. It was black on black and fully loaded w/ sun roof. I wish I had a pic but you know what they look like.

I had the TC up for sale locally and no one was bitting. So I ran into a guy who was willing to trade me for a running drivetrain from a XR-7 for my TC. Well the love for the TC left because I wanted the SC running. I took the deal and all i had to do was swap engines and I was good to go.

I wish .........

Next door neighbor rolled a seven and I had to move the SC. Kinda hard when it didn't run. So that went to a guy with the spare DT for $500. All that I was left for cars was my mustang.

Kinda wish I had actually drove hte cars. Always loved the T-Birds. Maybe another one will grace my driveway one day ..... till then, I get to drool at all the SC's I see.

Funk T - good luck with your's - I love the color !!!