GUN Mmmmm.... New toys

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EvilSS, Sep 17, 2005.

1. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Picked them up thurs, going to break em in Saturday (and Sunday, and Monday...:wiggle: )

The first is a Sig P226 Navy. This was part of a Navy contract overrun (as opposed to the NSW limited edition they released last year). It's a 9mm 226 that has been phospated to protect it from salt water and has the Navy anchor on the slide. The three 15 round mags was a nice touch too :bigthumb: I've wanted one for a while and this variant made it impossible to resist! The reseller (Ordnance Outsellers) as donated $60 from each one to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, the same charity that Sig donated money from the sale of the NSW edition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

The second is a Beretta 96FS. I've always liked the Berettas, and I picked this one up new for a decent price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The funky looking guide rod is a BufferTech SS guide rod and bushing.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the recoil spring, guide rod, and recoil buffer (white thing). I've shot these before, and they are a bit "jumpy". These buffers are popular with the Beretta guys.

[​IMG]

A little bling that is going to be installed tonight hopefully. Serves no advantage, but looks cool and was cheap, so what the hell.

[​IMG]

This one has the orig. plastic guide rod, the new hammer, and a new, lighter hammer spring going in with the hammer swap.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Sweet. Got 'em both! The Beretta has ridden in the dash since '02. I re-did the slide in DuraCoat and haven't seen a hint of rust down here in the humid south. Enjoy them!

Get Hogue grips for them; you'll thank me later! :hsd:

4. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Yea, I'm going to check the range store for Hogue's for the Beretta tomorrow. The stock grips suck. I'm not sure about the Sig yet. I really like the stock grip feel. I'll decide after I get a few hours with it this weekend I guess.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

I don't have Hogues yet for my 226, wait, maybe I have a 229; hell, I dunno... I never shoot it! It's whatever the full-size 9mm is. However, I do have them for my 220, and I love them on there. I just never shoot the other on, so, well, the grips aren't that important yet, I guess.

Now, as far as the 96 goes, without the grips, I think the gun would feel naked.

6. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Congrats! That SIG was/is a nice pick up. However, I must say I hated my Beretta 96 and sold it with no regret.

7. S14DB

S14DB Lethologica

Yeah, Mine kept poping a spring.

8. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

I got to put about 100 rounds through each over the weekend, and I think I'll keep the SIG stock grips. They are really comfortable for being plastic. The Beretta grips are crap though. My gun shop was out of the Houges so I'm ordering a set.

The recoil buffer makes a huge difference in the Beretta. I'm not happy with the fit/finish of it though (although I knew that going in). I think I'm going to send it out to be refinished. There are already small chips in the stock finish.

As for the Sig, well, it's a Sig. I like it so much I put off my plans for an HK and I got in line over at Ordnance Outsellers for one of their LE trade-in 229DAK's ($499 with night sights, 40 S&W, 2004 models).

9. soccaian

soccaian New Member

thanks for buying from us. :coold:

10. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Thanks for helping me go broke! :bigthumb:

Really, I was very pleased with the 226 Navy, and the 229 price is just too good to pass up.

11. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

I have both the P226 (standard) and the M92FS. Both are really good shooters, and have had no problems. Other than the rust resistant coating, what else is different about the P226N?

12. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

The little anchor on the slide. Other than that and the phosphating, it's a standard 226.