MMA MMA Documentary....v.suggestions/help

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Nomad, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Hey guys,

so idk if any of you know but i'm a Mass Communications student at college. And pretty soon i'll have to start working on a "documentary project" for one of my classes that i need to graduate. The documentary can be on any subject i choose and obviously i've decided to go with MMA. I want to do the documentary on MMA in Pennsylvania since PA just recently approved MMA as a sanctioned sport.

What are some suggestions you guys have as far as who to interview?

I already contacted the State Athletic Commission to set up an interview as well as my BJJ/MMA Coach, and the Black Belt we're affiliated with.

any/all help will be greatly appreciated and once its all finished and submitted (closer to the end of the year) if anyone wants a copy i'll mail it to them.

thanks,

EDT :wavey:

2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

no one? no suggestions?

3. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

You are gonna do a documentary on a relatively new law in PA? Probably not gonna be a lot of info on that, how long does it have to be? I'd do it about MMA as a whole and where it's come to now. The rules have changed a lot since UFC 1 and they continue to.

I'd pick something where you have a lot more information to throw out there then something new, but that's just me.

4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

the length i'm not so sure about. apparently its supposed to be between 12 - 24 minutes (i'll find out later this year).

i was choosing between BJJ or MMA but i decided MMA since i figure i'd have more opportunities to interview people rather than just BJJ schools.

its not on the law but was going to focus on the sport and i was going to highlight the fact that it was newly sanctioned in PA

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  5. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

see if you can find some interviewees outside the know, get the common man's perception of the sport.

6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

like just normal people off the street?

didn't think of that. thanks! :wavey:

7. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I think that's a great idea, especially if he also uses the interviews with the people in the know.

I wonder what the common misconceptions are gonna be actually and would be interested to see.

8. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

like i said, once this is all finished later this year (closer to xmas most likely since that's when its due) i'll give you guys all free copies. i'll make a thread when its completed

in the mean time, i got BJJ Tournies to film for DVD sales to get me some $$