mktk's weekly cut results (start 05-22-06)

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by maks, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Going to post weekly results of my cut here. The stats/images in this 1st post automatically update each week.

Important Dates:
    05-22-06 (185.5lbs and 25% fat according to Tanita scale)
    08-18-06 (going to friends wedding)

We'll see how much weight i can cut in that time period. My goals are simple. Just look at today and complete the next meal, cardio, and workout session one at a time. I don't have a goal body-look or weight, just these small goals....that makes things very manageable and i will have several small successes daily [​IMG]. Lets just work on getting to 8-18-06 with this approach.

Notes:
    - PICS UPDATE EVERY MONDAY (oftentimes sooner)
    - The tanita scale can measure weight but BF is inacurrate
    - I am taking pics to judge loss...but am shy to post them. Maybe at the end if i can hit 10fat or so.
    - I know my definition and vascularity will increase. I would be happy with that so...pics below.
    - Done a cut before and had pretty good results. Had to stop and gained weight since summer of '05 because of major sickness and then injury, thus the restart.

WEIGHT CHART: Start 185.5lbs. Every 8th day is a monday.
    [​IMG]

COMPLETE STATS: Measurements recorded every monday, the weight may be updated mid-week though.
    [​IMG]

GAINS AND LOSSES: recorded every monday
    [​IMG]

VASCULARITY/DEFINITION COMPARISION: I'll randomly update when i see differences
    [​IMG]

Good luck to me... :hsd:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  2. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

do it up, what kind of cut are you doing?

3. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

On my first cut i pretty much went from 210lbs to 175lbs in 4 months based on a 50p/30c/20f diet, creatine, and Max-OT weight training. No fat loss pills.

But for this particular cut i can't disclose diet details because i decided to become a paying client of gotswole.com...its part of my agreement. Its not calorie based like many diets, but macronutrient focused based on my weight, height, bodyframe. I have several meals throughout the day and the right amount of macros at the right timing. If i was to measure my calories i think im getting around 2200 calories. What and when i consume is determined by my activities. Its pretty different from most diets i've seen. What i can say is the following....

- I lift 4 times a week only.
    - My diet on lifting days is different than non-lifting days
    - empty stomach LISS cardio everyday
    - ECA (but im not doing the E right now)
    - goal is to shed fat and not lose any muscle mass, as fast as possible.

I notice i sometimes sweat during meals on this diet. :wiggle:

4. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

hmm sounds interesting. good luck broly

5. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

hey, if you're ever down for a gym meet, let me know... i'm still going to the one on crenshaw and pch at night for now, but i'm going back to day shift in a week or so, so HOLLA!

and good luck

6. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

ccrooks. Thanks man. Maybe soon, I am such a fucking lightweight compared to your lifts. My injuries might be stopping me from really pushing weight. But I still feel like a beginner. You could probably show me how to deadlift and bench properly. My lifts probably last 40mins too. I think i've seen you there on mondays around midnight,

Anyway, this is what i look like....

5/22/06 pic...
    [​IMG]

Older pic. I was pretty big, had health probs and did the 50/30/20 starting 1/2004 to lose it...
    [​IMG]
    Oh, first pic is in 2002 and 2nd was 9/2005. Gained some weight since the 2nd pic because of sickness and injury.

7. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

8. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Week 1 done, pics updated! (05-29-06)
    Well, i had a few cheats this week but they were ones i was expecting so im not sweating it. From now till August I only foresee a couple birthdays and my weekly cheat meal. My diet should be pretty spot on now [​IMG]. The great thing is that my first 3 days were perfect...i lost 5lbs in that time (185.5 to 180.5) but that was all water weight. I believe my true weight with water cut is about 180lbs. I should be there again wednesday morning and by the end of this week my actual weight loss should slow down to a normal level. When i am a couple days into SGX i notice i sweat during mealtimes. Its my metabolism on fire!

Bad:
    - The cup that i use to mix my shakes split in half today! Thats nuts. I have to find a new one. If you know me this kinda stuff isn't news. Sheesh.
    - I had 3 cheat days. Two were very special occasions and expected...thursday my mom visited from vegas and saturday i had a UFC party. Gained 3 water pounds the day after my first cheat which consisted of lasagna and ravioli...i didn't even finish the whole plate (you can tell which days were 'cheats' by looking at the graph). On sunday was another family occasion i didn't expect to go to but i was needed. Ended up working on a deck and i was the cook for the BBQ...yum.

Im going to post vascularity pics which appear up top as well...maybe every two weeks i will update this.
    [​IMG]

9. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Week 2 done (6-07-06)

Good:
    - Got all my workouts in.
    - Can definitely tell in the mirror that my body is improving.
    - I can see an overall loss in fat. Increase in arm size, chest appears bigger, and stomach is definitely slimming....1 inch loss right now!
    - Also got a compliment on saturday that i looked like i was losing weight

Bad:
    Just a couple things happened that wasn't planned.
    - My dads wedding...got a call late at night to go to vegas. Ended up with 2 hours sleep, 10hrs total on the road. I cheated like a monster on that day!!! Go to vegas and eat the buffet at the wynn. $35 (ouch) but very worth it. The food was excellent.
    - Invited to the Apprentice Finale. It was a fun show but threw me off as i was still recovering from missing out on sleep a couple days earlier. As i result i will resume my weightlifting schedule on wednesday.
    - Im writing this on wednesday! Supposed to be up monday. Sorry, got busy.

My measurements are looking great for just 10 solid SGX days out of 15 so far. Consider that i am losing fat and also appear to be gaining muscle at the same time (aka newbie gains).
    [​IMG]

Once again, i don't foresee too many surprise events but you never know...i am planning on friday being my cheat day.

10. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

From the pics you posted I have no idea how you would be 25% bf. Also, if you're gonna do those vascularity pics you should use the same lighting and hold your arm the same way each time. Try and take pictures with the same lighting, room, etc. so that you can compare them easily.

11. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

yeah i know. Well placed fat :bigthumb:. I do think i am around 20% though. When i was 18 my lowest weight was at 145lbs. I was not cut but i was thin. Probably spent 5hrs a day playing basketball and doing karate but never lifted. I think that if i cut down to a six pack now i would probably be in the lower 150lbs.

Vascularity pic
    My first pic i wasnt even thinking about it...just happened to have one like that. The second pic i was a little smarter about it and took pics in which i can clearly see the vascularity. The rest of the pics will be in the same conditions, time of day, and pose as the 2nd pic.
    Thanks!

12. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Week 3 done (6-12-06)

Good:
    - Lost another .25inch from the waist...total of 1.25inches lost.
    - Two new recipes....chicken chimichurri and chicken fajitas!

Bad:
    - Couldn't get my leg workout in.
    - Also having severe shin splint and knee discomfort. I noticed the air in my shoes was leaking 6 weeks ago after i played a game of ball....shoes caused this.
    - Once again i had two, 2-hour sleep nights. I usually get 6hrs and then have these occasional 2hr nights. No im not on crack!
    - Had two full cheat days...another reason why my weight is high. My mom made a surprise visit. Hanging out with friends and family is higher importance than my diet (guess you can say its life lessons). I don't hang out often at all, but when the opportunity comes i can't say no to friends.

[​IMG]
    I really seem to be gaining back the muscle i had lost from not working out for so long. I had to stop my consistent workouts back in october of 2005. Weight is only 1.5 pounds less than 3 weeks ago but i certainly look better. Another reason why weight is BS....well, its BS unless you are at very, very low bodyfat levels.

Once again, i don't foresee too many surprise events but you never know...i just got a call and know that thursday i will be hanging out with friend/family so that will be my cheat day and my weight chart will probably spike up friday! :noes:

13. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

"If there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm"

Monday 06-19-06
    (DAY 029)
    Month 1 is done and I am not happy enough. I do look much better but out of 30 days i've only had 20 quality days. ITS MY FAULT. When i cheat i cheat hard!!! I've been increasing muscle as if im bulking as well. Weird but thats a good thing. And I am a total insomniac...had several 2hr sleep nights but average 6 or less.

So it seems like i am my own enemy...i figure i have been successful 2/3rds of the time. Lets make it 100%. I have left room for much improvement in my diet and now is the time to increase intensity and make more self-promises.

1st Promise: By (8-18-06) I will have a stronger and better looking body than i've had in the last 8 years. In October of 04 i got to 174lbs, 35in waist. I will beat that within 8 weeks (easily [​IMG]).
    2nd Promise: Limit my cheat days to just one cheat meal, twice a week at most
    3rd Promise: Sleep 6-8hrs a night!!!!!
    4th Promise: Increase daily water intake to 1.25gallons at most.
    5th Promise: Keep handy an "emergency pack" of my supplements, protein powder, and EFA's. This is to make sure i have them with me in case i get caught in a meeting or whatever else comes up.

Important Dates:
    05-22-06 (My start date. 185.5lbs, 25fat according to Tanita scale)
    06-19-06 Increased Intensity and made more promises
    08-18-06 (Going to friends wedding)

Losses so far...
    [​IMG]

14. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

you goin' at all this weekend?

15. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Whatup. Im going to be in monrovia on sat and santa monica on sun.

Hey, I got 7lbs of NOW foods Carbogain. Its maltodextrin and still sealed...im using dextrose instead for my PWO. If you want it i'll give it to ya free.

16. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

ok, sure :dunno: :h5:

17. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

update?

18. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

oh man. Im injured. I pulled a muscle pretty bad in my back a month ago and had to take a rest. During this time i put together a business plan and am totally immersed in getting that done.

Im shooting to be back on monday but im not going to be able to do any legwork. Something is wrong with my knees and i don't have any medical insurance :down: . That may change soon though.

I think i got injured a week after this pic. Then my knees went to shit in mid-july and still hurting today. Sucks....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  19. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

good to see you updating again (sort-of)

sorry to hear about the injuries, hope you get better soon

20. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Thanks. Yeah...i turned 30 and my body starts falling apart out of nowhere. :wtc:

21. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Allright. I started up again on monday and my diet has been pretty good. My knees are really busted though. I actually hurt my right knee today just walking...this is BS. So it looks like no leg work for me.

The thread title says (start 5-22-06) and thats no longer accurate....should i delete this thread and start a new one???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.