MK-Motorsport Wheels - Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chris87, May 19, 2004.

1. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Hey guys. I fucked up one of my Borbet typ C's on my 'rado and cannot source out another for the life of me, so i'm thinking it might be time to buy my dream wheel.

MK-Motorsports - 6 spoke deep dish goodness. :bowdown:
    http://www.mk-motorsport.de/

Here is a quick example - MK1 http://www.mk-motorsport.de/image-sql.php3?id=197

I've talked to them already and have a complete price list. Keep in mind they only come in 5x120mm bolt pattern (BMW) (I'm buying custom adapters so they fit on my vw).

They are supposedly very strong wheels, and i believe the 18 x 8.5 weighs in at under 29lbs, which isn't a light wheel, but its not too bad. They are not very popular at all here in N.America due to the fact no one carries them (or hardly anyone - I haven't found anyone yet).

Ball park price on a set of 17x8 ET15 is Retail $1700usd. I haven't looked into it too much, but i'm pretty sure we can offer you them for $1400usd..at least.

Anyone interested? :dunno: I'm buying some regardless, but i thought i'd see if my eurocoolie brethren wanted some too.

MK actually makes a ton of shit (everything from brake kits to exhausts to aero kits, etc), so if you've been eyeing up some of their parts, but haven't been able to find them on this side of the pond, let me know and we'll get it for you.

2. volvoman

volvoman Guest

don't know where you got your info, but MK's are notoriously weak; they bend like a 2 dollar hooker on saturday night. okay, that was bad, but you get the point...

3. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

From everything i've ever heard, they are strong.... Not insanely strong, but stronger than most.

Where did you get your info from?

4. MC Hammer

MC Hammer OT Supporter

Et15 is kinda low , i think the lowest adaptor is is 20 or 25mm which would bring you to an et-10 or -15 , thats major poke , unless you have a mk4 widebody or something with insane flares thats too much offset for you , and yes there mad weak.