Mixed vibes.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Joshua, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Joshua

Joshua ambition over everything OT Supporter

Dear Vaginiamuamiauarmajuanarium,

So recently I decided to start dating primarly outside of my social circle. So far so good! Haven't had any like, huge sparks or anything up until recently but it is certainly a learning experience for me since I'm 26 and have generally only dated people I somehow knew.

Fast forward about a week or two ago. Buddy says he thinks I am on sucky dry streak and need to meet this woman he knows from work. I'm like ugh blind date but I figure fuck it what have I got to lose?

She turns out to be really, really rad. Totally not the type I've ever gone for before but we seem to hit it off and have a great night. I end up giving her a ride home, drop her off and were good. Next day I shoot her a text (got her number that night) 'Hey it was great to meet ya I had a great time' small talk etc. She responds with 'Thank you too I don't think I've ever laughed that much in one night!' (I'm thinking ding - goldmine at this point). The next night I was at a bar close to her place and said asked her if she wanted to roll out she says "Come pick me up, last call is soon so lets hit the store and hang out with my roommates at my apartment". We do that, hang out, I bail few hours later, great times.

Talk to her once on like Tuesday when I texted her and that was it. Wednesday I go out to a bar with my buddies (christ, maybe I'm drinking too much lately) and I get a text from her "Are you with them?" and I was like "Yep" and she walks in 10 minutes later. We hang out a bit and eventually I have to leave with my buddies so I take off. When I end up txting her asking her how long she'll be there and she had already left. But then shes like "lets meet up somewhere" so we go out and we have a great time. It's the first time were really one on one so we actually have conversation that is worthwhile about our backgrounds, family etc. Goes great.

We end up going back to her place, I crash there, we make out a bit whatever and thats it. I don't hear from her again. Fast forward to Saturday a bunch of us are going out and my bud mentions that she is coming again. Rad, she shows up to the bar and we hit it off again. She tells me she has to go to a party she isn't exactly stoked about but its the usual chick thing gotta show up save face etc. I say cool, show up, call me, I'll pick ya up. She says that sounds great and off she goes. Text her around 1230A saying let me know when to pick you up and she gets back to me saying I'll call ya in a bit. Around 2AM I'm driving my dunkass friends home and I text her again "Am I still picking ya up ?", never hear from her and I head home to pass out anyways.

I haven't heard from her since, figured I might get a 'my bad' text or something along those line. She knows I'm out of town right now for business through Friday.

Here is my question - in person, she shows interest. Good body language, the touches, etc. I make her laugh her ass off and what not. However, she has never made an attempt to contact me, I'm always contacting her. So I'm sort of feeling like that over aggressive dbag that women dread.

Do I cut the text messaging bullshit and just call her and be like 'LET GO OUT SATURDAY' and if she shuts me down call it good? Or just leave it and assume since she never trys to get ahold of me she is not interested? One thing is maybe that she is one of those women who loves to be persued and won't give a guy the time of the day if he isn't going to put in the effort.

Or maybe I'm going nutjob over analyzing since for once I'm actually enthusiastic about a female.

Sorry for the novel.

2. _A_

_A_ New Member

yes

3. zeroputt

zeroputt New Member

Made a thread about the same thing that is happening to me right now. let me know how it goes and how you approached it. Im still sort of undecided about the what i'm going to do. Might wait a day or two and call her.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4095034

4. Joshua

I just read what I wrote and man I sound like a huge needy pussy. Brutal. I just really dig the chick for once. Not like I want to jump into a relationship or anything like that, just enthusiastic to get to know her, ya know?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. Quit the text messaging bullshit. That's for 16 year olds, not 26 year old men.

2. Call her to set up a real date, not just going to some bar. It sounds like you party a lot and maybe she needs to know you are a tad more serious about you two. Call her tomorrow and set up a date for maybe Saturday night, something fun.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  6. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Follow beers advice. It's usually golden.

But get rid of the text messages. They cause nothing but problems. Call. Arrange. Talk in person.

7. Joshua

I appreciate everyones advice. I'll give her a ring tomorrow. I'm thinking dinner and a comedy club. If she's not into that I'll think of something else, but who doesn't love to laugh? If you got reasons for that being a bad call - lemmi hear it.

8. Joshua

Answering machined. If she calls me back, rad. If not, write off. I think thats fair.

9. Joshua

I ended up getting a text at like, 5AM my time (7AM back home) from her saying she was busy (gave a specific) this weekend and that was that. I'll bump into her sometime this week in person I'm sure and we'll see how it goes.

10. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

DZL be a man and call her already, worst case possible you get shot down then at least you know where you stand and can move on from here. No you don't sound like a puss, you just seem a little too eager and need to have fun and see where it takes you.

11. Joshua

I already did. Did you read the entire thread?

Who are you and how do you know me?

12. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

I don't know you and I did read some of the thread but not the whole thing. DZL is what I call all my friends who don't learn take advice (DoZen't Learn, yeah I know it is with an s and not z but its just funny and DSL has a meaning already).

13. Joshua

Fuck off Koby, I figured it out. :p

14. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

Actually it is something we laugh at like Snoop Dog and how he says shizzle so we say dizzle or in short DZL. Who is Koby?

15. Joshua

Suck my dick I'm a shark.

16. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

Um no thanks, see if you ever get help or advice from me again.......

17. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

This doesn't always work. cause if she just wants to be friend and misses a friend that makes her laugh, then she would still contact you, but implying she is interested in you romaticly/sexually.

so any update from her latest text msg?
    p.s. text messaging does suck. society has really gone down the gutter with people not knowing how to use a phone properly anymore

18. ASoT

ASoT New Member

She may have a fuckbuddy already and so now she could just be trying to juggle the two of you.

19. Joshua

I called her Wednesday night, got a text from her telling me she was working a benefit on Saturday night and that was that. She didn't ask to reschedule or any other time stuff so I think at this point I'm going to take the wait for her to come to me route. I feel confident I've made it clear I'm interested in her multiple times and made the effort. I think that if I continue I'm just coming off desperate.

Win some lose some.