SRS Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 53k1a8, Feb 3, 2007.

1. 53k1a8

53k1a8 the effects of the ugly stick are irreversible

I suck at reading signals. Whats worse is when a girl is giving me mixed signals. In some circumstawnces, she seems like she's into me, but other times, she doesn't.

What should I do? Should I ask her out?

Oh, and recently I asked out her friend, (privately, not in public or anything) and she rejected me quite publicly. So publicly, infact, that I foud out that she would reject me the morning before she did. Of course, I asked her to not go around telling everyone if she did reject me.

I'm worried that this may have ruined my chances with the girl giving me the mixed signals. And to make things worse, the girl giving me the signals just asked one of my friends to one of those "girls ask guys" dances. He's a senior, though, and the girl and I are both sophomors.

2. 311-420

311-420 New Member

that might not be true at all. i've ran into girls since high school that have admitted all sorts of things i NEVER had a clue about. if she thinks her chances of rejection are less with this other guy and he would be the safer bet, she could very well just go with him out of fear of rejection from you. happens all the time. this is how we get cute girls with not-so-great looking guys.

3. FurryFriend

FurryFriend New Member

Sometimes when a girl sends mixed signals, she might be interested in you. When you're attracted to someone, there is natural anxiety and tension. And this produces inconsistant human behavior that can be interpreted as "mixed signals".

But if she asked someone else to a dance, she probably doesn't like you. Sorry to be blunt. No matter how mixed her signals were to you, she gave a direct signal she's more interested elsewhere.

4. 53k1a8

thanks for your imput.

I'll just play it out and see what happens.

5. 53k1a8

it turns out your right

I talked to her last night, and she was interested in me, but I didn't act soon enough. (Asking her friend out didn't help either)