GUN Missouri FINALLY has Conceal and Carry! Quick Question regarding carrying.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rph74, Feb 27, 2004.

1. rph74

rph74 New Member

As of yesterday, the MO supreme court upheld last year's conceal and carry law. Finally, we have the right to carry!

For those from other states who already have this right, what do you carry, and how do you conceal it? The only pistol I have right now is a Glock 9 x 19. It's pretty small, but I'm not sure how I'll carry it in the summertime with lighter clothing. Any ideas?

2. rph74

rph74 New Member

Sorry for the dumb question, but what is an IWB holster? Where does it hide the gun? My Glock is a 19.

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Inside the Waistband. that's where it hides it. the 19 is an awesome pistol for concealed carry. it'll be what i buy in october. you're starting out well. now, you need to find a good holster that has the features you want/need, at the price you want. milt sparks is a good brand, but others out there offer the same features. these days, lots of companies make good holsters. i prefer IWB for concealment (it makes it easier). however, some people may not be comfortable with an IWB holster. you'll have to mess with it to find out. also, it may take some time to get used to ANY holster you end up carrying. the big test for comfort is sitting in your driver's seat in your car. if it's comfortable there, it's probably going to be comfortable anywhere. and it may feel wierd at first, so don't just give up on it. but, for sitting down, IWB is, to me, the most comfortable.

4. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

1911 officer's. I don't have a holster yet, so it spends most of its time either in my center console or on my headboard with one in the barrel at all times. I'd be afraid to do that with a glock:rolleyes:

5. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

But a single action 1911 doesn't scare you?

6. rph74

rph74 New Member

Thanks for the info! I'll look into these holsters. I just read about a CZ-Rami 9mm with what looked like a short barrel. Looks like a good one for my wife to carry in her purse. Do you know anything about these shorter barreled guns as far as recoil? She'll definitely be more sensitive to that.

7. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

The fact that I have a hammer and a safety keeps me feeling pretty satisfied.

8. footratfunkface

the fact that glocks have 3 safeties, and WILL NOT fire unless the trigger is pulled does nothing for you?

9. RCSTZ71

RCSTZ71 Guest

I carry my G27 in a Sidearmor IWB holster, or on my ankle in an uncle mike's angle rig.

IMO Sidearmor is the best IWB holsters. Check them out. http://www.sidearmor.net/

10. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

The trigger pull on a 1911 is shorter and lighter than a glock. And safeties can slow time until you're effective.

11. selvo

selvo New Member

Why cant you carry your pistol on your hip ?

or shoulder holster over shirt.

Why does it have to be concealed ?

12. footratfunkface

the other thing is that if someone IS about to rob some place where you are, he may not be deterred by your open carry if he thinks he can get the jump on you. you've just let him know who his prime competition is, and he might instead try to eliminate the competition to have free access to whatever he's after. so, the problem is people freaking out, and criminals knowing who to shoot first.

13. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

I've always preffered to carry "gangbanger" style -- just shove it in the waistband of your belt, and don't tuck in your shirt.

Good holsters are just so damned expensive....

14. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

If you're not going to use a holster (not a good idea anyway...digress), it is definitely more dangerous to carry a Glock in condition 1 than it is with a 1911.

If not using a holster that covers the trigger guard, you should carry a Glock in condition 3 (empty chamber, loaded mag)

15. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

Or you could get a $70 U.S. Galco "under the shirt" holster.

www.usgalco.com