SRS "missing out"?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bimmer318, Aug 24, 2008.

1. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

I was at a party yesterday and was talking to this chick (she had a boyfriend) She just asked me random questions what kinda girls I like and if I was in a relationship.. When I told her i was never in one yet she said I was 'missing out'

well I didn't really understand it but what do you think? I turn 23 in 2 weeks, have a job and pay for my own place, etc... Then when I asked her she said she doesnt "like working and thinks its a waste of time." I was like :hsugh: maybe shes stupid

Anyway..... i THINK i am missing out a bit, but on the other hand I don't think I am? I want to try hitting up college bars once school starts. On the other hand I'm so set in my ways now that I am scared of change and modifying my way of life.

2. quamen

quamen New Member

different things are for different people. some people feel incomplete, bored with out a significant other, others don't really want a so. your happiness in life shouldn't be impacted by having someone special in it. What i am saying is, you should have just as much fun in life hanging out with friends, working and enjoying your hobbies. I believe someone isnt missing out if they don't have a so.

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

:werd: do what makes you happy.

i like girls and like having fun with them, but theres no way i'd have the time to have a so, it would drive me insane, and i'm happy without one :dunno:

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

She has just managed to make you doubt, the thing is everyone will miss out things in their lives, but reality is that first you need to have set everything in your mind straight before you're ready for the whole dating thing.

Its true , life is short and you have to accomplish a lot in a very limited time frame. And its also true that a lot of things happen within that time, but its not a justification to rush yourself into a wild and chaotical life of relationships and break ups. I mean she's talking like relationships are the best thing in the world, but if you see the tons of things that go wrong by just scrolling here thru the asylum , you'll know she's overexaggerating. There's good and bad parts in almost everything, its the same thing they say about sex, oh its wonderfull and the most beautifull thing ever experienced, a virgin who hears those kind of things will start to wonder if (s)he's missing out, and then might go into a sexual experience that goes bad that he/she never wanted , you never hear about those things ,because those things usually end up in the Asylum ,nobody wants to say oh my first experience was extremely bad. In that way everyone just works along to hold up a false image of how things are.

So please don't take her too seriously, you go into a relationship when you are ready, not because you are rushed into one. You just make sure that you have everything arranged properly in your own life, for the time being you don't have to focus on the rest.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Never let a girl who thinks having a job is "a waste of time" make you re-evaluate your lifestyle and choices :rofl:

6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

^ Honest to God. What a fucking disaster. :doh:

7. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Correct response. She's a whore, plain and simple. Carry on as before.

8. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:werd:

unless you want an SO in your life, what are you missing out on? if it's not something you want or are particularly interested in, then by your standards, you're not missing out. while i do believe it's an experience we should all have, i don't believe it's necessary or that you're somehow missing out if you don't.

all that matters is your happiness and you don't need an SO for that (nor should you rely on one for it). understand that having an SO and a good relationship is a unique experience, but so is climbing mount everest. it's one i'll never experience, but i don't feel i'm missing out as a result because i have no interest in it.

in the end, it's all about what you want. if you want to experience it, go for it, if not, don't worry about it. however, don't get involved with someone just for the sake of having the experience.

9. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

dawt

also, I like your new av. :bowrofl:

10. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Thanks guys for your feedback. much appreciated.

I just need to put myself out there, and that's it. A whole summer went by and nothing happened, but then again this summer was crazy. New job, new apartment, got my car registered and in working order, new people I met. But not in the female department...

Today I realized I have a desire to just ask girls out and talk to them. I think it's because I see myself as a successful, exciting and interesting person, and that girls would miss out if they rejected me. OK that sounds a bit egotistical but that's exactly how I feel.

Earlier this week I just saw some girls working outside and just striked up a random convo with them. Only for a few minutes, but I felt great.

What I need is a goal? To ask at least 5 girls out a week? :hsd:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008