SRS Miss her everyday... still.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cakayaka, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Cakayaka

Cakayaka New Member

Soooo, I have posted on this forum here and there, but not all that much. It has been like 3-4 months since my ex girlfriend got her new boyfriend. I stopped talking to her in September and I have had maybe 2 convos with her and seen her once in public and did not initiate any of those encounters. Unfortunately, I am still in love with her. I feel like telling her is an absolutely horrible idea, and on top of everything I think she is happy with this new guy. We were together for 3 years starting senior year in high school, and I can't get over her. To be honest, I'm starting to get real pissed at myself for getting stuck on some girl who through anyone's elses eyes would be just another chick. Basically, I need some feedback. I am tired of thinking about her and missing her. Part of me wants to tell her as an attempt to get her back, but the other part of me wants to write her off, although I have been doing that and it hasn't really seemed to work. Lets hear it OT.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

DO NOT TELL HER. She's moved on and is happy. The only thing you will get out of telling her that you are still in love with her is heartache because she will almost 100% tell you she's over you and think less of you.

Stop talking to her, looking at her myspace/facebook pages, etc. Anything that reminds you of her. Consume your life with friends, family or hobbies, even if they are new ones.

3. Rich

Rich New Member

+1

4. focalBlur

focalBlur your does not equal you're

my rule of thumb is that it takes half as long as you were together to fully get over someone

so if you were together for 3 years it will take 1.5years to fully get over her

DO NOT TALK TO HER!!! it will only make things harder

5. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN Active Member

just to compare, me ex of 6 years left me a little more than a year ago. i havent talked to her since other than to tell her happy bday thru email. i still think about her yeah; i was very crushed at first but i moved on. im fine now because i completely cut off communication to get over everything. you need to do the same, for at least a year. and people dont forget about long term ex's; you'll still think of her over time but you won't be hurt over it. also, talking to other girls helps a lot. let her be though

6. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. She's happy, let her be. If you tell her you still love her you're going to make things a lot harder on yourself. Just let her go. Comsume yourself in friends/ family and other things. Get out there and enjoy yourself. There's more girls in life. You'll meet another. It's very rare to see a success story from these things.

7. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Very good advice...

You are good at this shit, you should be a counselor or something.

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

There's a difference between being in love with someone and being in love with the idea of them. Keep that in mind.

9. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

I thought I'm the only one thinking this. Is this common or something? I had this idea after my first gf. I dated her a year and it took me exactly 6 months to be over her.

10. Cakayaka

Cakayaka New Member

Do they ever come back? God, what the fuck is wrong with me?!!?

11. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I said before, very few success stories. She's happy, get over it. Move on. Occupy your times with things other than thoughts of her. She's not in your life anymore, you broke up for a reason. And she's moved on, it's time to do the same.

12. focalBlur

focalBlur your does not equal you're

I don't know actually. I heard it somewhere and found it to be true in my life so maybe it is common

13. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

The two most common reasons that the girl will come back is either you made a huge change and she sees you in a new light or she dates around and get treated badly by other guys. For the latter reason, she'll comeback for some comfort but it won't last. The only way is to live your life and don't think about getting back with her. Let fate do the work, if you guys are meant for each other, both of you will find a way to get back.

14. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Look man, you can always tell her you still like her and ask her out again if you want an answer you can't argue with. If you'd rather avoid that unpleasantness, don't ask and move on instead.

15. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

i think u should take some time off. get youre mind straight and see if you still want to be with her. dont talk to her dont look at her myspace etc. basically if it was meant to be it will work its way out.

16. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Of course telling her is a horrible idea. She's got a new man and is happy with him. Why do this to yourself. bro, there are literally thousands of single women in your area and you're not going to make a wife out of the first few. Go out there and meet new women. Quit focusing on one that's already proven to not work.