MMA Mir vs Lesnar Spoiler Question

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by checkii, Feb 3, 2008.

1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

why in god's name are people crying that the ref saved [Mir]?

The point is irrelevant. Good call, bad call, who gives a shit. It was a point in a fight that had zero chance of going to a decision.

Fact is dude was hammerfisting Mir in the back of the head. If you've never been hit in the back of the head really hard you have nbo idea how much it disorients you. It's not like Lesnar was on bottom and was punching the back of Mir's head as mir was resting from posturing up.

An illegal blow that more than likely impaired a fighter from being able to continue at the same pace or level he was at definitely deserves a standup.

The easiest solution is to not hammerfist people in the back of the head unless they are wearing their protective fencing mask.

2. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

first one was unintentional, but then he landed a 2nd one. i still can't believe brock got caught in that fucking leg slide.

3. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

the mustache = super inconsistent.. thats my main issue..
    not debating back of the head.. ask gsp.. not fun..

4. fencing masks only protect the front of the head. They're pretty open in the back.

[​IMG]

5. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:noes:

6. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

The tongue on the back, if you get certain brands could protect you a little, they're made of metal.

7. btatedash

btatedash New Member

You could see Mir setting it up as soon as Brock stood up. He saw Brock's foot left out there and knew exactly what he was going to do.

8. Mir's legs are really flexible. The way he moved them around looked weird.

9. Sylva

Sylva New Member

B/c it was 1 errad punch that MIR TURNED into. Brock didn't continue to bash him in the back of the head. The punch right before that was on the side(ok punch) Mir turns his head over(b/c it's being beat the fuck in) and gets ONE punch and they get a stand up and a point taken away from Lesnar. Any other fight I've seen it's a "Watch the back of the head warning" and they keep going. Thats why it was bullshit. IMO if that doesn't happen the fights over then.

I mean look at the Nate M. V. Horn fight, I heard N-8 get several warnings about shots to the back of the head, with no points taken and no stand ups.

Now you're telling me thats fair and ok?

10. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I did think it was weird and inconsistant, but I kinda saw it like, maz knows lesnar is hugely strong and also unpredictable and probably not as educated on the full ruleset as a more experienced competetor.

11. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

its up the ref
    given the severity of that hammerfist (that was about as hard and clean of a shot one can take) and added to the fact you couldnt possibly hit the back of the head more clearly and directly.......

i agree with the ref
    i agree with the point
    that didnt save mir.... he was taking a similar beating right after that too...

12. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

and you have to think to us those looked like short hammerfists that we know usually are just an annoyance, but with brock's size and strength every one of those short hammerfists was hitting with the force of a full postured punch from a normal human :noes:

13. Mir's face was pretty marked up

14. roose

roose Guest

Mir turned his head into it because that is a form of defence. Just like Franklin saying 'take a knee so you don't get kicked.' :mamoru:

I agree with the stand up, disagree with the point.

I'm sure Mazzagatti went over some specific points with Lesner before the match as everyone in the world knew what Lesner's game plan would be.

15. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Stand up was good, i dont think he should of got a point taken away. I think Lesnar should have come in with a better game plan.

16. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

it looked like BS to me. Not even a warning?

17. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Like what? What better gameplan did he have really? He's a wrestler at the heart and he showed that in this fight. He just needs to work on his jiu jitsu a lot from now on, needs to focus on that shit 24/7.

18. the better gameplan would be the Rulon Gardener gameplan of just relying on your enormous size to win you the standup. It probably would have worked. If he'd just knocked Mir around the cage for the first round, he probably could have finished him in the second.

19. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Eh... he knocked Mir down, don't get me wrong but he looked very uncomfortable on his feet. He was just setting his punches up for his takedowns, I think he had the right gameplan just not the right training regime for that gameplan.

20. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

i think he should have tried standing

21. I'm not saying he's anderson silva. Rulon gardener look unnatural and uncomfortable as hell on his feet, but he beat up Yoshida just because of his power.

It might have worked.

22. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

so he should have used the tim sylvia strategy andused his size to be boreing and win.

People want to see lesnar because he is a freakishly exciteing athalete, not a sylva who is just afreak.

23. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

the point deduction was bullshit, utter bullshit. Mazzagatti is almost as bad as Yamasaki but at least Maz doesn't endanger the fighters.

Lesnar has crazy potential too but srsly needs to lose the tats

24. it wouldn't be that boring. It wouldn't have gone to decision.

25. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

What's done is done. IMO it shouldn't have been stopped and Boogeynights should not have stood them up. The bottom line is Brock lost due to a rookie mistake. He has potential but still has a ton to learn.