MIL Mining disaster

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the military, but I still want to post it in here to talk to the other military crew.

I went to bed last night at around 1:30am after I heard all was well and everyone was alive. Then, while I was sleeping, I hear the TV saying stuff about them being dead, except for one.

This kind of stuff always bothers me, and I hate the fact that I can't help and there is nothing I can do.

This situation is depressing :wtc:.

2. Accord

Accord New Member

It was pretty fucked up that they told the families that they were alive, let them celebrate for like 3 hours, and then told them the truth that they were all dead.

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

If somebody did that maliciously, I hope they get put in jail.

Hopefully it was just bad communication.

4. 202 Stroker

202 Stroker We watch the lightning crack over cane fields ..

This is what I heard on the (Australian) news..the info is a bit sketchy on our news..

The Mining Rescue Command (MRC) received a call/message that the 12 miners were found ..( around 12.30-ish )
    One of the family members that were at the church overheard a mobile phone call from one of the rescue guys that the miners have been found and the 1st suvivor was being brought out ..( around 12:45 ish ..) Said family member told this to the gathering familes ..
    The MRC received another message/call that all the miners were non-responsive / no vital signs barring one and he was transfered to the local hospital..but with no ID , the MRC didn't know who it was.( around 1:15 ish ) ...
    The MRC sent 4 resuce teams with EMT's to see if the 11 others could be revived , but they were dead/un-revivable..the MRC then enformed police(?) to go to the church and inform the priests/pastors of the new information.. (around 2:00 ish..)

somewhere the info got messed up or delayed but eventually the families found out the truth about the same time as the MRC released a press statement about the incident as they found out the suvivor's name ..

5. Accord

Accord New Member

The owner of the mine knew 20 minutes after the initial report that they all died, but he still let the family celebrate for 3 hours before telling them the truth.

6. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

All I heard was they were trapped in a mine for a few days or something. :dunno:

It is pretty sad though.

7. insomnia

insomnia New Member

If it helps, a couple few hundred people died in indonesia the same day, along with a buck fifty iraqis and 7 fellow US troops.

Also they pulled a 15th person (child) from an ice skating rink over here.

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

What was the child in the skating rink doing?
    Was it a lake?

9. insomnia

insomnia New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]