Mini Cooper S Drop top

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Werdness to the Turdness, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Werdness to the Turdness

Werdness to the Turdness RIP Penguins OT Supporter

I think i found the replacement for my WRX :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Preview: 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible
    By Christian J. Wardlaw
    Photos courtesy of Mini
    Written: 03/07/04

IRVINE, CA – Cheeky English automaker Mini, which is owned by serious German automaker BMW, is wasting no time introducing a new version of the successful Cooper hatchback. By the end of the summer of 2004, you could be the proud new owner of the 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible, equipped with a standard 115-horsepower 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, or the 2005 Mini Cooper S Convertible, which includes a supercharged version of that motor developing 163 horsepower.

Mini says it takes just 15 seconds to pop the Cooper’s top. As it folds into its storage well and stacks behind the rear seats, the roof columns retract and the rear side glass lowers into the bodywork. Not surprisingly, trunk capacity is at a premium when the top is down. Fortunately, the 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible includes rear seats that fold for additional cargo space, and there’s a small but wide pass-thru to carry longer items.

Mini calls the 2005 Cooper Convertible a full-fledged four-seat vehicle, but we find that difficult to believe since the hatchback upon which it is based can barely be termed such. We think it’ll work better as a two seater, with the rear seats folded to provide a big cargo well in the middle of the car.

Top up, the Mini Cooper Convertible is designed to emulate the Cooper’s signature roof silhouette. A glass rear window with defroster is standard, and the top includes an innovative sliding front section that creates a 16-inch opening for sunny-faced motoring at speeds up to 75 mph without lowering the entire roof. Cargo space can be maximized when the top is raised by retracting the storage well in which it resides when folded.

For added crash protection and to stiffen the chassis, Mini strengthened the Cooper Convertible’s doorsills and added high-strength tubular steel to the A-pillars. In combination with the standard rear aluminum roll bars behind the rear seat, the 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible offers commendable rollover protection.

Other standard safety features include dual front and front side-impact airbags, antilock brakes, a tire pressure monitoring system and park distance control. Traction and stability control are optional. Other options include Xenon headlights, a navigation system, Harmon Kardon audio, automatic climate control and rain-sensing wipers.

Hot Orange and Cool Blue are exclusive colors for the convertible, and the top comes in three different colors. Sunscreen is not included.

from

http://www.autosite.com/previews/2005-mini-cooper-convertible.asp

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

how gay...VW Beetle for the silghtly richer

3. hypermonkey

hypermonkey Tastes just like raisins.

very metro :mamoru:

4. 8BaLL

8BaLL New Member

:ugh:

5. Werdness to the Turdness

this coming from a RSX owner :ugh:

6. DA King

DA King ALT + S Ownage King

my friend has the coupe. really fun little car :bigok:

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Nice! The three-spoke steering wheel looks a lot better, the interior looks like there are a few changes as well. It would be a nice daily.

But then, my opinion just makes the car even more :greddy: doesn't it? :rolleyes:

8. Tony Stark

i don't have the rsx anymore totalled it :p
    but do you honestly find that car good looking?

I mean the coupe I can live with its nice in the retro kind of way...but the convertible is so gay...my guess is, this car wil replace the miata as your homo's car of choice.

9. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

:coold: But I probably wouldn't sell a WRX for it.

10. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Hmm. This homo's "car of choice" is my 2001 M5. Bite me, honda boy.

11. jk

jk Guest

why do you want to drive a bloated POS? the new mini is nothing like the old mini, except some styling ques.

12. o.negative

o.negative OT Supporter

total chicks' car.

and fags too i guess.

:hs:

13. Werdness to the Turdness

the wrx is leased and i've had nothing but problems with it (currently have yet another check engine light)

i'm still 99% chance going to get the mini hardtop just because the waiting list for the convert is probably already a year long. I do like the option of having the sliding roof on the convertible...cool feature.

unlike 99.99999% of OT...i'm not homophobic....but i guess that happens when you're 16 and can't pull trim

14. Tony Stark

Miata and M5 aren't really in the same category tho

Miata nad the cooper are...and the convertible version will get more queers driving them

15. DrMSH

DrMSH New Member

nice-looking, but that's not an S.

16. Taylor

Taylor Guest

By the way, if you've got a car that chicks love, they're going to be interested in it. When I used to have a GTI, girls would ask me about it all the time. A lot of them see BMWs as "guy cars" just like you see a VW or Mini as "chick car" or "homo car" :rolleyes:

17. jk

jk Guest

Wrong, miata is a purposed build convertible. While the mini convertible is a hack job of the current trim.

18. Taylor

Taylor Guest

If you knew anything about cars, you'd know that Miatas are also really popular track cars. So, I guess women, gay guys, and track guys like them... oh, some straight guys like them because they're convertibles, too. Basically, you're a moron. Quit with the generalizations and stereotypes.

19. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

yeah - they'll be interested in your car, and not your pants

It's not the same as guys - we'd be all over a hot chick with a Ferrari, but a hot dude in a Cabrio wouldn't go over nearly as well

20. Werdness to the Turdness

it's useless man..don't even try to reason.

21. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Bah... I'm in a shitty mood and felt like picking a fight. Nevermind :bigthumb:

22. guru220

guru220 Everybody to the limit!

dont listen to that, the mini is the most fun. gotta go with the S tho. i have an 04 s

23. waspride

waspride Can't this wait till I'm old, can I live while I'm

My buddy has one too, its cool to have for rides into town, but definately not a daily driver..