GUN Mini 14 destroyed my scope.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by OPM Inc., Aug 14, 2003.

1. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

I went to the range yesterday and the recoil from the mini 14 busted my cheap 70 dollar scope. :( Should i get an aimpoint or leupold. Which brand and model would you recommend. :wavey:

Also my 1022 wont eject the spent shell consistently. It keeps getting jammed in. anyone know what the problem is on that? :hs:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

neither brand. on a mini 14, you're wasting your money. they are not accurate enough to warrant optics. you will become very frustrated trying to zero good optics with a rifle of the mini 14's accuracy. also, if you do have or get a rifle that's worth putting optics on, get a GOOD base and GOOD rings. you've got two good optics in mind, but to me, you're considering putting them on the wrong thing.

also, an aimpoint is for tactical work. unless you're talking about the leupold tactical optics, you're looking at two different types of uses, so it's hard to compare. if you are talking about the leupold red dot, go with the aimpoint. much better durability, better cost, better battery life. better all around.

3. JW2

JW2 New Member

On your 10/22, disassemble and clean before you do anything else. That often will solve your problem.

4. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

Did that and im still having that problem. :(

5. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Buy a bunch of different makes/styles of .22 ammo and see what works best for you.
    My Buckmark is choosy with which ammo I can use.