Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bugalu, Feb 14, 2008.
Anyone here done it or know someone?
I have some general questions...
Post your questions. When an MP comes along he'll be able to post his answers and save you some time.
I know of at least one MP in Teh Barracks.
I'm 24 and considering becoming a MP since I would like to be a full blown police officer in the future.
Im wondering a few things
2. Do you think this will help me to become a civilian police officer?
3. Would you become a MP again?
4. Worst part of your job?
Thank you in advance
My roommate I'm in SOPC with is/was an MP (Army). His impromptu answers to your questions:
1) same as anyone else your rank. expect the worst shifts as anything less than an E-5
2) Most definately
3) "No. We get little to no respect while state-side and when we get deployed we do everything the infantry does, only get treated like dog-shit because we're still MPs"
4) Being IED Bait in the vehicles while deployed.
As an MP is their a good chance of being deployed to iraq?
Any special requirements to be a mp? drugs, alcohol, background?
Im clean and in reasonable shape so i dont know if their would be anything to hold me back.
you must have all four appendages still attached and usable for one.
To do garrison stuff you need a secret level clearance....so any drug or felony record you'll really have no chance.
1. We got com-rats because of our schedule but other then that pay is mostly based on rank, time in service, and other stuff
2. Depends. It does give you an inside view but any military experience will help.
4. The schedule and how we have to deal with shitbags all day.
I was an enlisted MP in the army Guard I will try and answer what I can
1. Same pay scale as the rest of the army
2. Depend it helps teach you skills that can be used but it does not make you a shoe in Mps do a lot more tactical stuff nowadays DOD handles the policing on a lot of posts
3. Hell YAH
MPs really piss me off sometimes. whoever decided it was a good idea to give 18 year olds guns and cop cars was a fucking idiot.
An MP pulled my friend over in Iraq and gave him a ticket for rolling through a stop sign. go team
When we're going outside the wire, the only stop signs we stop for are at the DFAC and at the med center. All of the other ones are fair game for rolling stops.
how the fuck do you get a ticket in iraq? i'd have flipped him the fucking bird. probably behind his back and whined about it later, but still
That's what I'm sayin. There were a few times when we were close enough to our compound where we'd just floor it and skirt into out compound and our force pro gaurds would stop them cause they didnt have clearance.