MIL Military Personnel and CCW

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crackerjack, Feb 28, 2007.

1. crackerjack

crackerjack just creepin by

I heard that CCWs are more easily acquired by military personnel? Any truth to this?

2. shiba

shiba Active Member

Everyone wishing to carry a concealed weapon must go through the same background check.Being in the military does not justify the ability to carry a concealed weapon.

3. crackerjack

crackerjack just creepin by

yea that's what i heard...thanks.

4. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

I got mine awhile back. It was alot of bullshit to go the military route. I had to have signatures by my SNCOIC, and our bn co. blah blah. Then to top it off, conceal carrying on base is illegal..NC had a special packet just for all the military members that required all kinda extra shit. It even went as far as me having to go to my BAS to have a check up to make sure I was in good health and state of mind to carry a gun. NO JOKE.

What I did was I took all the classes at a local gunshop that was giving them on saturdays. It was only a one day thing. Passed and got my certificate. Then a few weeks later I took leave and went back home to my home state. THEN, i just did all the paper work to get it in my home state. So i pretty much skipped allll the extra bullshit and did what a normal civilian would fill out. 2 months later finally got it in. Worked alot better that way.

5. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

come to south dakota - CCW is $10, no training/test required, doesn't matter if you're military or not.

and it has reciprocity (i.e., other states will accept a SD CCW and vice versa) with a decent amount of states (14 or something if i remember correctly)

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

troof

IF YOU WANT A CCW, GET ONE FROM FLORIDA. THERE IS NO DIFFERENTIATION BETWEEN RESIDENT AND NONRESIDENT + 23 states accept it.

7. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

lets just put it this way, its different in every state, and nothing is easier in the military

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Not from my experience...

Maybe it is just because I am a Mass. resident, but it is a pain in the nut sack.