MIL Military Members and the "Sense of Entitlement"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Martin Atchet, Aug 30, 2009.

1. I am a cadet and I just recently started working at a local bar as a doorman. The job is actually pretty fun however I'm quickly realizing that the worst customers are the military members, mostly Army and Marines. We have a ton of Airforce and Navy guys come through and I have yet to have to ask one of them to leave. They treat everyone well.

Last night I caught a Marine pissing in the alley/corridor that I have to drag trash through. Words were exchanged and his response was "I'm a Marine, I've done a lot worse, so don't worry about it." :ugh:

Tonight we had some Army guys (Nat'l Guard) come in and they were so faced one of them refused to show ID. Another one of them was trying to keep the group together, apologizing to us and trying to get his drunk idiot friend to show ID. I looked at one of them, who I carded earlier before they got thrown out, the 2LT of the group, and said "Lets try to de-escalate this situation", to which he responded "If you don't let these guys in its going to be a bad night for you." :ugh:

I told him if he didn't keep his friends from acting like that they weren't getting in the bar to which he responded "I've been to Iraq, I'll fucking kill you" Mind you this guy is 5'10 and rail skinny. For the record Army Combatives is crap if you're going to fight anyone that actually trains in jiu-jitsu. Words were once again exchanged :rofl: and they were kicked out of the bar. The 2LT asked when we got off.

Point of the story: don't look for hand outs and don't think that because you VOLUNTARILY signed up for this that you deserve special treatment.

/rant

2. OkiDiver

OkiDiver New Member

GTFO of teh barracks or it might be a bad night for you cadet. I was in Iraq while you were still in diapers son. :squint:

3. evan2

evan2 Guest

You are just a doorman fucking DOORMAN....Fucking DOORMAN

4. endemicW

endemicW fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu OT Supporter

you better watchout, I've done the clinch drill HOOOOAAAAHHHHH

5. Julius

Julius Guest

yeah, this is why i don't like/don't associate with 90% of vets.

but i hate cadets almost as much too. fags like to act like they have a sense of entitlement too.

6. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

:rofl:

we're doing a fucking job, thats it. anyone who claims they signed up due to a feeling of patrotism is fucking lying.

i'm seriously sick of military people acting like we are owed something.

7. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

you know what? fuck those guys. I'm here at ft. hood and every time I go out I have to deal with a bunch of fucking retards acting like they are goddamn captain america.

and people at my unit wonder why i dont keep a standard military haircut or have retarded stickers on my car or bike. because i dont like to advertise that im in the army.

8. Eviloliv3

Eviloliv3 New Member

i treat them just like everybody else, until the point that they think they should be treated differently.

Then i tell them to fuck off

9. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

shut up cadet

10. Eviloliv3

Eviloliv3 New Member

I have this crew cut, so you should give me alcohol when i dont show my ID

11. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

I remember back in the 90's and it seemed like Hardees was the only place to give a discount to military.

12. Off

Off Memento Mori

its pretty simple, no army wants people who are unaggressive or who take no for an answer. Alcohol makes that worse when you're young :dunno:

I work on a training base in Alberta, we have the PPCLI battle school and a manoeuvers centre for pre deployment training. Whenever they let out recruits who've been locked up and shit on for 6-10 weeks for their first weekend off they're generally full of piss and vinegar and they think they're tough. It can get pretty ugly because there are lots of riggers and hockey players in town as well and really, there's only one bar that appeals to young people :rofl:

13. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

When are you getting your ass down here?

14. Off

Off Memento Mori

course begins 29 sept, so like the 27th or something :noes:

Im one of only 3 privates allowed on this course :o the rest are all cpl or above with tours and shit :rofl:

15. I say this to the other doorman all night haha.

16. same. I give them the "thanks for serving" bit and let em in but if they try to skip the cover then its :fawk:

yes sir :wtc:

17. Julius

Julius Guest

do you ever get those fags that wear their dogtags outside of their shirts?

read their ssns off to them when you see them.

18. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

LOL... its worse when you get someone married to a high ranking person... they get all huffy and puffy.. "do you know who I AM?!" I then ask them "do you know who I AM?!" they say "no" then I tell them "well why should I care about who YOU are?" they get so pissed off and try to tell me who they are.. and i stop them "listen lady i dont care WHO you are.. stop hiding behind your husbands rank and make something of yourself." usally they just get on the phone and start making calls to their GF to continue on with the pissn and moan'n heheheheh ^_^ inforpics would be proud

19. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

PRO TIP: quit that job.

20. thekinggovernor

not true :ugh:

21. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

totally true....get off your fucking high horse, everyone joins for selffish reasons.

22. thekinggovernor

I didn't and plenty of the guys in my unit didn't either. If I was selfish I would have joined a desk job like yours, instead I picked Marine Corps Infantry. I made less than 10 bucks an hour at drill while continuously having my life interrupted for service to my country.

I am sorry you have such a problem with that but maybe you should find a different job then.

23. Julius

Julius Guest

he's on rear-d or something, and he's probably seeing the shittier side of the army atm

24. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

:mb:

25. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

missing out on a fucking deployment because some dumbass decided doctors dont know shit and figured he would just keep me back anyways