MIL Military Discounts on Airlines and Hotels Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wayney, Apr 21, 2006.

1. wayney

wayney New Member

Does anyone have any info on military discounts for air travel and hotels and stuff?

I'm already planning my block leave for redeployment this fall and I'm looking for air fair discounts and hotels. Anyone know of any good travel agencies or airlines that offers discounts?

2. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

most airlines charge more for military than you would get online. I always try to call the company first and haggle a better deal. the best thing is to price everything online and then call and see if they can beat the online price. Hotels and car rentals seem to have actual military discounts.

3. wayney

wayney New Member

googled and nothing much found so that's why I posted this...

4. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

flying CONUS, southwest has some GREAT military deals. saved me 1/2 on tickets pretty much every time i use them.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

When flying, always check the round-trip rates even if you are only travelling one way. For some reason the price of a round-trip ticket is frequently much cheaper than a one-way ticket. Toss in a military discount, and you could be flying very cheap. :wiggle:

6. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

military.com has a huge list of discounts that are for members of the military in case you haven't stumbled over there.
    i got a hotel in boston for 50 bucks a night and also got a code to do my taxes for free, using turbotax.