Mighty Mouse and Keyboard or Something Else...?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by aGENT 39, Feb 2, 2008.

1. aGENT 39

aGENT 39 You two crossed swords during your threesome... Ac

Just got a MacBook Pro today... My first Mac and I already love it. But I need to know which Mouse/Keyboard combo to go with. I've been leaning towards the Mighty Mouse and Keyboard because of the Bluetooth but don't know whether I should go with that or something else (Logitech, etc...) What is everyones opinion on the subject.

2. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

Wireless Keyboard + MM + External monitor FTMFW

3. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i had a mighty mouse and didn't like it so much. i didn't play around with tweaking it or anything, but i felt a definite lag as i moved around with the mouse. it wasn't horrendous but enough to bother me. i also don't like the pseudo-2 button deal with that. i use firefox and use mouse gestures which allows me to left-then-right click to go forward and right-then-left click to go back. you can't do that with one big hockey puck that somehow figures out when you right or left click.

but, it sucks now when i get to work and have to plug in my monitor, mouse, keyboard and network. what i wouldn't do for a macbook with a docking station or port replicator.

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I can't stand the Mighty Mouse. That's one clit that I hate fucking with. Go with the keyboard but get a diff mouse I say.

5. mad_vtak

mad_vtak Active Member

i got the aluminum keyboard with a mighty mouse with my mbp i love it.

6. Tvan

Tvan New Member

I would go MX revolution and wired apple keyboard. No number pad really cripples the wireless one.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

That's true. I never really noticed how much I use the number pad until it was missing. Sure I don't have it on the laptop but a desktop keyboard missing it just feels wrong. I need my 10-key!

8. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

i bought the microsoft 3000 comfort mouse thinking the mighty mouse would suck. but i actually like the mighty mouse better. less stress on the wrist.

9. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I agree...bluetooth apple keyboard and a different bluetooth mouse would be a killer setup

10. Tvan

Tvan New Member

If only there was a good bluetooth mouse out there.

11. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

It's wired, but the Logitech Trackman wheel mouse is by far the best mouse for the money. Ergonomically perfect and just what you need included without the 9 extra side buttons. I can get around 10,000,000 times faster on it than anything and my hand never gets tired with the way the arch is designed.

12. aGENT 39

aGENT 39 You two crossed swords during your threesome... Ac

Should I go with the Logitech Combo? I like the looks but was wondering about the functionality.

13. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

I like the Microsoft Laser Mouse, I think there are a few different models of them.