SRS Might have a problem?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by k10, Aug 10, 2006.

1. k10

k10 New Member

:dunno: Dont drink and use every day. I would say one a month or once every other month I will just go nuts for a day with alcohol and that leads to coke. Usually once I start I cant stop I wind up doing alot of it too. Then I need to smoke pot to calm myself downand sleep. I hate doing it I tell myself I will have a drink or 2. Never happens

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

This is called binge drinking and I've met people that seem to be as sick as I was that drank like this.

One of the really confusing things for many non-alcoholics or non-AAs to understand about the disease of alcoholism is what makes an alcoholic different from a heavy drinker. What makes me an alcoholic is not the time of day that I drank (cuz I drank at all different times except early mornings) or how much I drank (I drank a lot most times but a little some of the times) or where I drank (started in bars but over the years I drank more and more at home).

NONE of that makes me an alcoholic.

What makes me an alcoholic is that alcohol affects me differetly then non-alcoholics. When I drink, I'm drinking to overcome a craving that no amount of alcohol can overcome. I've heard it said that 1 drink is too many and 1,000 drinks is not enough. That sure seemed to fit for me.

When you say you can't stop after you start is very similar to what I experienced in my latter days of drinking. You might be an alcoholic but you might not. I dunno. Perhaps you should check into a local AA meeting. You might learn something about yourself and the disease of alcoholism. Good luck and God Bless.

3. k10

k10 New Member

well I got a DWI and have to go to a program once a week for an hour, On top of that I will have to attend 4 AA meetings. I have not gone to any of the AA meetings yet. Thanks for your imput