might get an eeepc next year

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by The Ripper, Nov 29, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4187745&CatId=17

this is the one im looking at. I dont do anything crazy with my computers mostly watch videos, surf the web, im and shit like that but I need a lap top for work and I need something extremely portable just to type shit up like invoices and send emails on the fly etc etc. Seems like a good idea plus the company is giving me 200 bucks to do it.

What do you guys think. Should I get the eeepc

2. Saluki

Saluki New Member

I've been seriously considering a netbook like that. If I was you I'd go to Best Buy or something and make sure you can type on the smaller keyboard. I've got large hands myself and found it a bit hard to type on the ~8 in models but much easier on the ~10 in models.

3. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

:werd:

consider the 1000h if that one is too small

4. Phat_J

Phat_J OT Supporter

I have had the 1000h for about a month now and I love it. The keyboard is smaller, but I have gotten used to it.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah im all about portability. the beef I had with my last lap top was that I ended up getting something with a bigger screen which was cool when you were using it around the house and shit but if I left the house with it or anything like that then it was a hassle.

6. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

i think im about ready to get one of these too. i was looking for something around 500 or less with at least a gig of ram preferably two. it looks like they all use the 1.6ghz intel atom which is fine i guess. ive been on this desktop for about 6 years and it does everything i need and sadly these are probably quite a bit faster than what im using. also linux would be a plus. looking at reviews right now but if anyone has a good suggestion thatd be great.

7. EnderWiggin

EnderWiggin New Member

Are you planning on keeping the standard OS on it, or putting a different one?

Also, the mass of complaints I've seen is the small resolution on the screens

8. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

well most of them dont have a disk drive so i guess youd do like a usb thumb drive install of ubuntu on it if you were to switch up the OS. it looks like the resolutions now are on average 1024x600.

9. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

If you want to spend a shit-ton of money on a netbook, you can get the Fujitsu P1630. For a mere $2600 you can get a Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM and a 120GB hard drive and a touchscreen, all in a box smaller than most textbooks.

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Im going to give windows xp a shot, my freind has it on his and it runs pretty smooth. It started to slow down after awhile but he upgraded the ram and was good to go. My buddy wants some more speed out of it and wants to try out linux so I might actually test out some different distros on his