might be buying a classic piece of 'Mer'can hist'ry tomorry.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by footratfunkface, Feb 13, 2004.

1. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

evidently, someone came up to the liquor store where my dad works, driving a 60's charger (my dad told me the year, but i forgot it now). evidently, they guy picked it up for $800 from someone who has a MASSIVE collection (my dad said something about 350 cars), and even more massive debt. so, he's selling them off. everything from old studebakers on up.

now, i'm thinking, "hell, you can't even get stripped charger BODIES for $800." so, we're going tomorrow morning to see what all he's got. i've got two things in mind: a late 60's nova (i'm not picky if the price is that good, but a '68 is my favorite), or a '53 ford. the ford, because when my family was trying to buy a new house years ago, we were saving money for the down payment and whatnot. well, at the time, there was a '53 ford for sale just down the street. it was going for around $3K, and other than a little bodywork, and new paint (it was primed black, with little spots of rust, and all the exterior chrome needed to be replated), the damn thing was great. the interior was immaculate, and had just been redone. it had a vinyl front and rear bench (perfect for gettin it on) in black. never saw under the hood, because the owner wasn't around to pop the hood for us. but, we would've bought it and finished it had the house thing not been going down. it'd be nice to get one, and do something my dad and i missed out on.

2. footratfunkface

ok. sad disappointment. it was basically a junkyard. in a nearby junkyard, there was a mid-90's mustang GT, with the 5.0 HO still in it. but, it was probably going for too much, and the owner was nowhere to be found. basically, there was a studebaker, and some other stuff, but it was all utter SHIT. nothing was even remotely complete in body panelling, and most everything didn't even have a way to roll, much less drive. there were no desirable cars, either. oh well.

3. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

damn that sucks :sad2:

i want a 95 GT :o

4. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Geez, that musta been dissapointing :(

5. footratfunkface

horribly. in all reality, my dad just wanted the company. i think he had an idea that there wasn't much, but he hyped it up to get me to go. and he wasn't looking for anything to restore. he was looking for a car for my sister (who is 18, has nothing but a learner's, and can't keep from getting drunk WITHOUT a license or car, and has been to jail for drunken disorderly and underage drinking.) and for a person he works with who needs a car pretty badly. he was going to get one cheap, and turn it over for maybe double. so, yeah, disappointing.