GUN Midway USA is Awesome.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Cable Guy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

So I ordered a sidesaddle from them last week, and got it a few days later.

During installation, I noticed that it was used, staples were unraveled, screws were stripped, tools were missing.

On top of that, my Forend comes to the side of my receiver, which comes into contact with the 6-shell holder.

So I sent it back, requested an exchange for the 4-shell holder for the same price.

Checked my order status, and it seems like they were going to ship me the same 6shell holder, so I called in.

Customer service rep was really nice, and went ahead and shipped out the 4-shell holder on the spot, even though tyhe 6-shell holder may have been on its way already.

So I may end up with two brand new shell holders for the price of one :x:

cliffs: Midway sent used item, sent back for exchange, sent wrong item, called in, sent right one, probably not going to ask for the wrong one back.

2. Skot281??

Skot281?? New Member

I hate having to deal with customer service, in your case at least they made it as painless as possible. Props to Midway for that. :bigthumb:

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Midwayusa is pretty good. So is brownells. I do like midwayusa's website a lot more. Easier to find stuff. I do like brownells return policy. Pretty much return policy is forever, not 30 days after purchase which is pretty standard.

I would recommend getting a shorter pump so you can run the 6 shell side saddle. In fact I want to cut my surefire pump so I can run a 8 shell side saddle.

4. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

wtf? dont be a jew and send them back the one you dont want. Or refuse the drop from UPS. They are a good company. Dont fuck it up for the rest of us. :squint:

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

mesa 6 shell?

send it to me :big grin:

6. I love Midway. You should probably send back the other piece, unless the midway people told you to keep it. They made their mistake right, you should do the right thing too.

7. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

Oh right, they asked me to do that. But the thing is, I probably won't be home during the day of delivery due to work. On top of that, they're shipping both out, so I'm not going to be sure which one to refuse. I told the rep that, and he said, it would be okay since it's not too expensive ($27) and I already had to send it back once.

8. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

CrapStar, sorry. I wish the mesa tactical ones weren't so expensive.

9. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

I did receive a Hogue forend, but my crappy big-5 Mossy had the cheap synthetic forend that doesn't have the lug system. I ended up giving it to my boss who has a 590.

Do they sell entire forend assemblys, with the slide rods?

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

brownells discount is epic :bowdown: but i just ordered some scope rings from midway late tuesday night, got them yesterday morning :bowdown:

11. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Midway is a little more on some items, but they are a good vendor. Some of the shooting supply web stores these days are getting pretty shady. In most cases I'd rather pay the extra $5 for something from Midway, at least I know I'll actually get it.

12. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

What's with the price diff. from their catalog to the online price? I was looking @ the 995 carbine mags and the 15 and 10 rnd are $18.99(in the catalog) versus online @ $23.99.

13. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

For those looking for a cheap Mesa, go to tacticalshotgunner.com. Got my 6-shell for $55.