microsoft word experts, how to make "paste unformatted text" the default setting

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by macbook bro, Jun 21, 2008.

1. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

is this possible, fucking hate pasting shit from a web page only to have it show up in whatever absurd font it was on the page. there is a "paste special" but thats like 4 more clicks... can i make a shortcut for it or something? if it matters i am on a mac, using word 2008

2. Hydrogen

Hydrogen building block

once you paste it there is a little box that shows up next to the text, click it and click 'keep destination formatting'

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

since you are on a mac, I'd recommend posting this in the macshack... as we are more familiar with office 2007 for the pc... and there are little quirks that are different between office on the two platforms.

4. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

good idea i will ask them

5. awns729

awns729 New Member

not really too sure, but there *might* (i'm guessing here) be a shortcut for removing all formatting, or using normal/default formatting. so if you paste and then just use that formatting shortcut, it migth be a fairly quick way of getting what you want.

6. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Select the text and do a ctrl-space and it will format everything as plain text ...