GUN Michigan Crew... wait time for your LPP?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sprite, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sprite

sprite Active Member

How long did it take for your "License to Purchase a Pistol" to be approved? Is it pretty much an on the spot thing after you complete the "questioniare" and they run your NICS, or do you end up having to wait?

I'm ready to buy but busier than fuck at work so I need to get my timing right to hit the 10 day windows...

2. Furner

Furner New Member

i was in and out in about 10 minutes.....took a while for the "safety inspection" though because no one at the station knew anything about guns. they tried to tell me that my 10rd magazine was only 6rds, and then wanted to know who made it (its right on the handgun), and then they couldnt figure out how to release the mag, or how to drop the hammer. took a good half hour for the inspection. would have taken shorter but they wouldnt let me come in the back with them.

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

10 minutes for you License approval? Your post reads like it was 10 minutes for the inspection...

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

NM, re-read your post... 10 minutes for the License approval , 30 minutes for the inspection. Didn't think the approval would be that quick :cool:

5. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Whoa whoa whoa...you actually have to take your guns to the PD for them to do a "safety inspection"? :squint:

Fuck that noise. Everytime I read this shit, I'm happy I live in VA. :eek5:

6. Furner

Furner New Member

its only a safety inspection, not a registration...............yeah right :rolleyes:

7. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Yeah, I knew what "safety inspection" meant from people that have lived there, and other boards. I'd just be bitter that I have to let some jackoff cop handle my new gun.

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

For once, I'm happy I live in NC... even though we still have to get bullshit handgun purchase permits.

9. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Purchase permit??? What's that :fawk:

Takes about 10 min..and the safety inspection takes 10-15 min for them to type the stuff up