TAT Miami Ink and INKED on Discovery and Learning Channel

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Uthinkso, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

I am sure I am late on this topic, but I just happend to catch both of these shows this week. Actuall caught a few episodes of Inked (I think that is the name).

I'm not sure what to make of these shows. I like the work I see, and I am into tattoos so naturally I watched for the hell of it. Part of me says its one more spin by the Discovery Channel to make a buck.

First it was Jesse James and Choppers, then came American Chopper and Bike Build-Off. They found a gold mine and ran with it.

Next we get American Hot Rod, then Overhaulin , Rides, and a host of other hot rod build-up shows pop up.

Now tattoos and hot rod cars and bikes seem to go hand in hand. Its really more of a culture thing, but really it was the next logical step after the previous two topics hit it big. Wait all of these guys have tattoos, you can almost hear the board meeting un-fold.

So all the negative shit being said, I think it is a cool oppurtunity for the people involved at the shops to effect their careers and get some great exposure. Hopefully their heads don't get full of shit and they continue to do good art.

2. machine81

machine81 New Member

Yeah, I DVRed both shows last week to see what they were all about. Both shows are interesting, but I don't know if most people will feel that way. I think most people will watch a Discovery Channel show about how tattoos are taboo, but maybe not to see how the business is run. Personally, I like the idea of seeing Dizzle start out as an apprentice on Inked. I've always wondered how someone went about giving their first tattoo. I also like Miami Ink and watching how their company is just starting out, but I think I'm more apted to watch Inked.