Methods to sync timing together?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by synthetic, Aug 27, 2009.

1. synthetic

synthetic New Member

I have a gf of 2 years, but with her recent job for the past year we havent been on sync with eating (except for lunch, where we work together) but dinner is off cause sometimes she chooses to work late when its not required (she is salaried), etc. Also, she tends to go to sleep later than me, and I wake up early, my body clock is with the sun. So it affects sex time too, cause sometimes I feel like I force her to participate in the morning, which turns me off and leads to bad sex, and on the other side, at night, im just dead tired. WHat are some things I can do to help her sync her body clock to mine?

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

Talking helps

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sounds to me like.... "she's just not that into you" if she's choosing to work late instead of spending time with you.

4. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Talk about it and/or see a counselor.

I doubt she's working late for no reason. I bet she either A- feels like she has to, B- thinks it will help her career-wise, or C- loves her job.

The sex issue is an issue in and of itself. Just because it is magnified by th schedule conflict does not mean the schedule conflict is the cause.

You ask what you can do to sync her body clock to yours? Why should she? Why don't you sync your body clock to hers?

5. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:werd:

She is the one taking the initiative to work late, why would she have to comply to your needs?

6. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

talk to her about it and find a compromise that works well for BOTH of you

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

What kind of windows and window coverings do you have in the bedroom? It might be as simple as getting some real curtains and that will allow you to sleep in a bit.

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

yeah its either that or she gives a shit about keeping her job or advancing her career.

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

If she's salaried, and the overtime isn't required, that has nothing to do with giving a shit about keeping a job. Getting a promotion maybe, but she's not going to get fired for not working overtime she's not paid extra for or required to do.

And if it IS about getting a promotion, then my view stands. She cares more about her career than about her relationship with him.

10. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

One of the main reasons for salary-ing people, in fact, is so that they can work OT and you won't have to give them pay and a half for that time.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm salaried and I get time and a half. :big grin:

12. ForgottenSpiral

There are plenty of salary jobs that expect people to work late when necessary. Salary isn't a guarantee of no OT. In fact, lots of companies will take advantage of salaried employees because they don't have to pay overtime.

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

He didn't say she was choosing to work late INSTEAD of spending time with him. He just said that "the dinner timing was off". I don't get why that matters, you don't need to eat together. It sounds like they still have time they can spend together when she gets home too.

As far as the sex goes...don't have sex at bedtime/wake up time if it's causing a problem. Do it earlier in the evening when you both are awake, you don't have to wait till bed.

and :werd: on the TS sounding selfish here. You are the one that has the problem where you wake up with the sun, why don't you work on fixing that instead of trying to make her change her schedule?

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

Granted, that kind of thing does happen; hell most ALL companies abuse their employees in one way or another, salaried or not. Some are worse than others; I'm sure there's more to the story in this case.

All in all, I would agree that both parties need to compromise to some extent as long as what their REQUIRED work schedules are don't conflict (based on the differing sleep patterns, I was guessing that probably was the case).

15. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

agreed. the TS needs to focus on what he can do to fix the situation, not what his gf can do. make an effort, and hopefully she'll meet you half way.

:rofl: i'm all for sex for dessert. :naughty: oh, and for the record, dessert doesn't necessarily have to come after a meal. stop thinking you need to have sex around bedtime [either night or morning]. imo, when couples live together, they can start getting creative :) :naughty:

agreed.

compromise ftmfw!

16. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

:ugh::ugh:

many salary jobs expect you to do 10 hours days

17. synthetic

synthetic New Member

she is salaried but continues working OT when she was notified that she is being laid off... so no reason to stay OT. one change i will admit is the curtains in bedroom are letting too much light in.... its so hard to wake her up in the mornign to get out of a lazy state and ready for work....maybe a 9-5 timed clocked job will help her. We do sometimes compromise and meeting at certain times of the day but she has a high likelihood of breaking them... which really irritates me

18. ForgottenSpiral

:werd: I don't understand some of the posts in here. Many jobs will ask you when they hire you if you'll be willing to work late. It's way more normal than some people in this thread are making it sound.

19. BlazinBlazer Guy

You just proved my point.

20. BlazinBlazer Guy

And that's something you would be informed of before accepting said job.

21. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl: lol.. nobody says "you should probably keep a change of clothes at the office" thats just how it ends up and its what you do if you want to get ahead.

22. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

:werd:

23. BlazinBlazer Guy

:ugh::ugh: Good luck with that.

I've been able to "get ahead" just fine without that kind of bullshit, thanks.

24. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

in what field ? I doubt you are salary or work in a major corporate office.

25. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

you're right, that right there is pretty foolish. i could see her working overtime if it was a deal she made with her supervisor. ie, "hey, i'll help out during this rough time if you write me a killer letter of recommendation."

on the flip side, she shouldn't need to prove herself anymore than she already has for that LOR.

you're right. :rofl: that's when i tell them of course i'm willing to work late, as well as work on holidays, weekends, and my days off.

however, as long as it's not in your contract, or a rotating call schedule, etc...you're not obligated to do any of that. sure your coworkers may not like you, but you're not obligated to do anything you're asked to do that's above and beyond what's required.

some companies promote a healthy work/life balance. i think some companies are beginning to understand that too much work equals too much stress in one's life.

sure, doing all the extras may get you ahead, but it's not guaranteed to get you ahead. i was a manager at a large retail corporation. i worked there for nearly 8 years. my loyalty and hard work didn't get me shit.