SRS Methanphetamine

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Dec 29, 2006.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

i have a good freind who a while ago started smoking G (using meth). He told me he would use it and regulate it heavily, and I believed him and trusted him because he's done some things that seemed impossible (and one time, i believe if he wasn't there i would have died).

recently however he's been "spun" for 3-4 days a week. i confronted him about it but he doesn't seem to understand my point of view.

Rehab is out of the question - he assaulted a couple guys at a rehab clinic and we gave up.

Telling the police is out of the question - i can't handle (and i dont think he can either) another prison term for the guy. he's just too cool/nice/ect.

Any help please?

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

al-anon for you, na for him

3. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

you can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped

4. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

This post leads me to assume you've been involved with this shit in real life too. Have you?

How did you get out?

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Let him travel the path he has chosen for himself. Make your views heard but let him be. To forcefully help him would only hurt your friendship. Real life is about accepting the consequences for bad decisions, and it's not your duty to force him into something he doesn't want. Let him want help first, then offer it to him.

6. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

But fucking shit, i dont want him to fucking do this shit. theres seriously NOTHING i can do?:sadwavey:

7. FlyBoy07

FlyBoy07 New Member

That's Correct, there is nothing you can do.

8. crackerjack

crackerjack just creepin by

I was a meth addict for 2 years. I've been clean for about 4 years now. I didn't quit because other people were telling me to quit. I quit because I realized what a pathetic loser I was becoming.
    Just try not to nag him 24/7 about it...just simply be there for him when he needs you. It seems like your friend isn't totally retarded, so he should realize what he's doing to himself on his own.
    Oh, and btw, I've known quite a few druggies in the past that have been forced to go to rehab and some that dealt with their addiction on their own. Quite a few of the ones that have been forced into a rehab clinic relapsed once the program was completed. The ones who chose to deal with their addiction on their own are doing good. There is some truth to labelskate's comment.