SRS Meth Addiction...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Captain D.N., Nov 28, 2003.

1. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

I have been using drugs since i was 9...
    i used to do meth...
    a lot of meth, like 3 to 4 grams a day...
    it is the hardest thing i have ever had to quit, and still crave it to this day...
    i often feel like i am the only one with problems...

2. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Your not.

It's simple as that.

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I agree but simultaneously don't feel stupid for feeling alone. I think we all have times in our lives where we feel like noone understands. Its really not true though, you just have to get in contact with those that DO understand.

4. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

i went off to college...
    i got real luck...

5. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

My boyfriend has a problem. He wants to stop, and knows hes GOTTA stop, but he just cant :wtc: Im trying so hard to help.... its so hard for me too...I was hoping I'd find something in here on meth addiction :hs:

6. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

yeah, he wont do it though. Im beginning to think thats the only way...hes in couseling and dont get me wrong hes MUCH better than he used to be..but like maybe every 2 weeks or so, he just wants to go do a gagger...then hes right back where he started, mentally. It sucks :wtc: :wtc:
    I dont know of any other ways to approach him. We've been together over 5 years (and broken up over this before) and Ive done everything imaginable. He just gets these wild hairs, and has "slip-ups" as he calls them :wtc:

7. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

You need to get into counseling as well by yourself. No healthy person would stay with a meth head. As for him, he is going to use or not. He isn't ready to quit because he hasn't yet. The best thing you can do is get help yourself and break up with him.

8. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

Never really thought about it that way. I just want to help him. You have a good point though...I think thats something I'll check into. I'll help letting me get all my anger out, instead of just letting it build up inside. :hs:

9. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

Im talking more along the lines of your Co-Dependent as fuck, but you may see that in time.

10. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

I guess I already see that, just dont want to admit it.

11. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

admitting it is the first step...
    it is absolutely cliche...
    and the reason is because it is true...
    when i told myself i had a problem, i knew that i had to find away to beat it...

12. dellusion187

dellusion187 aimlessly wandering

congrats on quitting!! seriously, addictions are quite draining. My mom quit meth not too long ago.....she quit for awhile, but then got into it again since her live in BF was doing and selling and making it. I'm helping her move out next week, so far she's been sober for 4 months. I have a lot of respect for people who can be so addicted to something and be able to turn things around.

again, congrats.

13. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

I got a friend thats been using meth off and on for 10 years. Recently he's gotten so bad that I just can't deal with his bullshit anymore. I meen I really look out for my friends because they are all the family I got, but after letting him crash at my place, and watching him break every rule I put down for living there, I had to tell him to either quit, or quit comming around. It sort of contributed to the breakup of me and the last girl I was going out with, and that was the last straw, I knew I was spending too much time trying to help my friend out, insted of looking out for my own interests. You got to know when to walk away sometime, before your friends, or loved ones take you down with thier adiction.

14. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

i know how that goes. my brother and his ex-GF are both strung out bad. they have a daughter my mom is raising. (state appointed) his GF looks to be trying to get her act cleaned up...but my brother is worse off now than ever in the past. he steals shit all the time to make money. (bikes, computers, etc.) if ever an example to stay away from amphetamines...its that guy. he has had more chances to get his life straightened out than anyone i have ever met. yet he always chooses to revert back to the drugs. i feel bad...he is my brother and all. but you can only see someone fall downward so many times before you stop caring.

15. dylix

dylix Guest

my meth addiction was short, but abusive to my body. i only did it for two months, but in those two months i was stealing from the people i loved the most, i didnt work or have any ambition to do anything. all that was on my mind was how to get more meth.

one day i decided enough was enough. i was seeing shit, i thought a family of snakes had infested by bed, it was moving around. when i went downstairs to get a drink i could swear my bed was shaking. so i grabbed a knife from downstairs, moved my entire bed and just started stabbing what was there (just a jacket and some other random stuff).

then i read up on it one day, and came to the conclusion meth is purely a mental addiction, so i willed my self that i am stronger than this drug, i will not let it take control of my life. the only way for me to get away from it was to move completely into a place where i knew no one that did it. i haven't touched it since august, i still get cravings for it everynow and then but they are few and far stretched.

remove yourself from the enviroment, all friends that do it, etc etc. things are somewhat better for me, i got a job, bought a motorcycle (always wanted one).. granted i fucked up and ran from the cops in november, but that was my own doing and had nothing to do with drugs, well alcohol. so i guess.. but anyways, things are better now that its not a part of my life, and i never want to relive what i went through when i was on it. i thought everyone was out to get me, its really scary now that i think about it. im glad those days have passed.

16. aleyna

aleyna New Member

i've kicked it three times to date. once with a stint in rehab that led to a very quick relapse. outpatient was a waste of time -- a junkie playground where you just meet new hook ups. my second experience involved tappering off and abusing benzodiazapines (xanax, valium, etc) to get through the withdrawls. the third time, i essentially fucked up so bad i new i was at the end of the line. i had landed myself in the hospital 2x for complications due to slamming the dope. i have lovely masses of scar tissue in my arms thanks to this. oh, and nothing says 'quit this now' like an abcess the size of a cumquat. i think missing about half a gram of dope and sending that into my fatty tisue as opposed to the vein was one of the most painfully (physically and otherwise) idiotic moments of my life. i just hit a point where i couldn't do it anymore. it was too ravaging on me physically and was destroying my all my relationships and alienating me from the people i loved. so it came down to having the drug or having my life back to normal. i had to cut ties with my meth associates, bottom line. deleted all those people who would show up with a quarter ounce of dope at my doorstep in five minutes out of my cellphone. i found therapy to be entirely beneficial. i was able to work out why the drug was appealing to me and figure out how to have that sense of well-being otherwise. do i still have my junkie compulsions? yup. but things are more structured now. i stayed busy and stayed away from it for the most part. i can sit in a room where its being done and say no now. a big appeal to meth was maintaining a hella course load in college, but now i can handle it because i'm in much better physical and mental shape off of it. i often worry i'm cruising for another relapse -- usually at points of stress in my life. i just feel around for that mass of scarring in my arm and think about what horrible disarray my life was in. i hope i've learned my lesson afterall.

17. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

aleyna, well done!

18. Drifter

Drifter wat

Meth is one of the hardest drugs to kick. Not to mention its serious side effects like constant paranoia, and others.

19. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

whats the easiest? :rolleyes:

20. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

My best friend since 4th grade is into this shit. Been doing it for a few years now at least. He is now 24 and still lives with his dad and has no job. He is a totally different person when he is on that shit and I stay the fuck away when he does it. Such a retard.

21. tanknme

tanknme Guest

did dope for years and stopped cold turkey, zero cravings. huh? did'nt know that stuff was addicting

22. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Normies are welcome but keep your stupid comments to yourself

23. gnat

gnat New Member

truthfully, I find some of your comments just as stupid and annoying, while most sound reasonably educated and informative. Lets not nitpick

Fact is many people don't suffer cravings or physical addictions, whether it be because the didn't do it enough or they're just different. I was that lucky with cocaine. While using it, I would spend every dollar I had - sometimes overlooking other responsibilities.. but after I had come down, I knew it was over and a good nap would end my cravings. Next day I would have no problem with it. I did more than my fair share of it too, but I don't crave it now and didn't when I quit either. I thought, wow thats not as addictive as people make it out to be.. but to some it is.

So many people see others use meth/ice with no visible signs of addiction, and for that reason many people have no idea that it can be addictive. There is more than one side of the coin, and both belong here in this forum. Its not just about quitting, its about learning as well.

24. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

No, this forum is for addicts... the type of people for whom the physical addiction is *nearly* irrelevant. Talking about physical withdrawal symptoms and such enables us to classify drugs and evaluate each person's difficulties they will face, or gives another bragging rights...

such as you
    personally, i don't care how often people here used. i don't think its even really relevant as to what drugs they DID use. We talk about the solution here, not the problem. If someone is suffering from smoking weed all day, i don't expect people to come in here and talk about 'oh weed isn't physically addicting, don't be a pussy'. If someone is like 'i smoke meth 6 times a day' - i wouldn't want people to respond 'wow thats really hardcore, sucks to be you'. If someone comes in here feeling like they drink on the weekends a little too heavily, i wouldn't want them to be turned away by our rigorous discourse on
    the disease of addiction is the only disease that will tell you you don't have a problem.

25. gnat

gnat New Member

What I'm saying is - is it so bad that he learned something from this forum? If its something he didn't know already. If you truely wish for people to get better then you would likewise be happy he has learned that meth can be very addictive. This new information to him may actually play a part in his decision making processes in the future.

And my saying once a week aint chit - is me saying its not too late to break away from it. Take it out of context if you wish.

I feel its not "JUST" for addicts. It would be stupid to seperate it altogether when both addicts, users and non users alike can learn from each other.

I'm sorry to come busting in this way, I know you mean good, it just doesn't always come out that way (this case in particular).