SRS Meth Addiction v2

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Placenta Pasta, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Placenta Pasta

Placenta Pasta rb25det powered

Any tips for quitting this stuff?

I seem to do okay for 2-3 weeks at a time then fall into relapse :(

I know it's terrible for my body that's what I'm tryin to stop :sadwavey:

2. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

its a tough drug to get away from. I had my spell with it about a year ago. Best thing to do, throw away the glass pipe, throw away the butane and the torches..... and just get rid of everything.

Quit hanging out with the people that do it regularly, and try to pick up exercising.

The hardest part is staying clean for more than 3 weeks. Your body will crave it, and it will obsess your mind.

If you can get over the one month mark, you'll be good to go.

After 2 months, you forget about it

after 6..... you wont even want to look at it

Its been 2 years for me now. No problems.. and anytime i'm around it, I walk away no hesistations.

Also smoking weed HELPS A LOT!!! Trust me, it works. :hs:

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Juggernaut, :slap:

Yeploser, if you try to quit on your own - and you can't, you may be an addict of my type. The obsession to quit will never leave on just time. Replacing one addiction with another is a stupid idea as well... :rolleyes:

My recommendation is to find a meeting of narcotics anonymous.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

substituting one addiction for another = nothing changes in the mind of an addict.

5. Haggas

Haggas Guest

What about addiction to demeaning support groups?

6. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Bad as well - there's plenty of non-demeaning support groups.

7. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

:squint: I was trying to wean his addiction towards something less destructive.. and then he can stop smoking weed very easily.

YOu cant just go cold turkey, else you will end up crunched in in a fetal position.

Well shit... take a look at this dip shit that posted about his meth addiction
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1080995

[​IMG]

Do you really want to end up like that? :down: Having to brag about your exploits on OT? :rolleyes:

8. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

You still deserve a :slap: Weed isn't easier to quit, its fucking a defect of the mind and body.

9. Haggas

Haggas Guest

Weed is not a defect of the mind and body.
    It is a plant.

No drug has power.
    YOU have the power.

10. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

You wont get better unless you start working a 12 step program.

11. anomaly

It's blatantly obvious you have no concept of addiction. The MAIN medical sign of addiction is tolerance, you can and WILL build tolerance to marijuana, hence it's an addictive drug. The second main medical sign of addiction is cravings. Every person i've met who smoked pot on a daily, or nearly daily basis, and suddenly quit has had cravings. Just some things to think about...

12. Haggas

Haggas Guest

You have misunderstood me.

I was stating nothing about the addictive properties of marijuana.
    I was rejecting the attitude that somehow attributes inherant evil to drugs.

meth is not bad.
    meth is bad FOR you.

13. anomaly

Fair enough, sorry.

14. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

no, no - im saying that just because its weed, its not going to be any better than any other drug, or easier to quit. addicts have a defect of mind and body... irregardless of the drug.

anyways - my higher power has the power. i am powerless. thanks.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  15. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

boy, you guys got crossed up some where - when I put ANY mind altering substance (aka drug) in my body, I no longer have control. Since I am an addict, my body and my mind change as soon as the drug or sometimes the thought (aka compulsion and obsession) enters my mind/body. Addiction is a compulsive obsessive dis-order of the mind and spirit. The only way to get the addiction/disease in remission is to QUIT USING. My body doesn't care what the substance is, if a little is good, a lot must be better. Its not the last one that is the problem for me, its the 1st one. One is too many and a thousand is never enough. getting past the 3 weeks is hard, sometimes getting through the first 90 days is hard, that's why we're here to support each other.

16. anomaly

Going by my life experience, and that of any other alcoholic/addict who has relapsed, not using does not cause 'remission.' Addiction grows even when not using. I picked back up far farther along the path than when I stopped. Every alcoholic or addict I know, who has used after significant sober time, has done the same.

17. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

maybe he/she is referring to remission as the point in recovery where the obsession to use leaves you

18. nitrane

nitrane OT Supporter

you hit the nail right on the head.

i agree 100% word for word.

Weed is softcore compared to this shit.

19. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

No drug is more hardcore/softcore than another.

20. Placenta Pasta

Placenta Pasta rb25det powered

I dunno I quit weed for a while and that wasn't so bad, sure I couldn't sleep and I was bored for a week or two but as I started to get outside more, be more active, get things done and so forth I realised weed sucked and all it did was make me lazy..

Still haven't quit.. I'm down to once a week on average but that doesn't mean anything :/ As soon as someone plants the thought in your head it's there.. I might go read that 12 step literature that's stickied at the top of the forum index in here

21. pharmies

pharmies Guest

Marijuana is psychologically addictive*. YOU COULD overcome a psychological addiction if you WANTED TO. It is not physically addictive, you most likely won't suffer any physical withdrawal from quitting puffing, other than things like maybe not sleeping or eating as much.

Cocaine is also psychologically addictive, not physically.

*Obviously all drugs you like will be psychologically addictive.

22. gnat

gnat New Member

Once a week??? your lucky... ice has so many people I know sooo messed up. They have to smoke daily or they can't function AT ALL. They can only lay in bed and be depressed. You don't want to be that way, and you need to just quit. If your down to once a week and you can wake up the other 6 days a week, then its up to YOU to make the decision to quit. You'll never quit if you don't choose to fight it.

Ice/meth is physically addictive, and you need to run as fast as you can away from it. I'm not an outsider looking in, I'm a user looking back. Quit.

try waiting on someone hand and foot for 2 weeks while they sleep... only awake for a few hours at a time. Once you've become totally used to the speed your body functions normally on it, sure you still get the good feelings from it, but you can eat and sleep normally, every day. But quit and you'll be bed ridden. Unable to be productive, work, or anything. Its not a happy place.

Sorry to sound mean but once a week isn't chit, so do yourself a favor and quit now.